cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to throw a machine check exception with respect to e200-MPC5643L

Jump to solution
bhavaniananda
Contributor II

Hi all, I am trying to create a condition among any of these shown below to test my machine check exception handler correctness. However, when I am trying to raise an exception by setting a HID0 bit i.e. EMCP to 1 and test, for some reason the handler is not called. Kindly provide your input in resolving this. thank you in advance.  Suggestions on any other conditions to create machine check exception is also appreciated.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, machine check you can simple generate by ECC error injection, pay attention to Example 4 of my appnote AN5200:

AN5200 - Error Correcting Codes Implemented on MPC55xx and MPC56xx 

Note that from the list you have highlighted above, it is category "External bus error"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, machine check you can simple generate by ECC error injection, pay attention to Example 4 of my appnote AN5200:

AN5200 - Error Correcting Codes Implemented on MPC55xx and MPC56xx 

Note that from the list you have highlighted above, it is category "External bus error"

bhavaniananda
Contributor II

Hi David,

Thank you for the response. I have successfully raised an exception for IVOR1 by causing bus error. However, I will look into your examples. Now, I am stuck with another scenario and the scenario is like this:

1. Normal execution 

2. Power failure occurs

3. Upon reboot or powered back, I should read flash and then the exception should occur if there is corrupted data in flash.

So, how do I create such scenario.

Note: Please excuse if my query is not very technically drafted. But this is the best way I can explain my requirement.

0 Kudos