cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set CPU clock Correctly?

zhangah
Contributor II

Hello,

My cpu is MPC5748G with Z4_0.According to the datasheet,the Cpu core clock can up to 160M(HZ).

my circuit is that:

pastedImage_1.png

When I use lwip_5748G demo project running in the core,the fasted bandwidth perform differently with diffrent CPU core clock setting.

the fault setting is like this:

pastedImage_2.png

On this case, the bandwidth can up to 3.9M.And the cpu timer is not accurate.

when I change the setting like this:

pastedImage_3.png

the bandwidth can only up to 1.2M.And the cpu timer is much more inaccurate compared with the default setting.

Can someone explain that condition for me ? And how could I set the CPU core clock and CPU bus clock correctly?

Thanks very much!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

the screenshot of your settings suggests that you are using very old version of SDK - I guess it is EAR 0.8.1, isn't it? The configuration has been changed and it could be the root cause. Currently there's version RTM2.0.0, so I would suggest to download latest Update 9:

S32 Design Studio IDE for Power Architecture based MCUs | NXP 

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

zhangah
Contributor II

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.Should I use the RTM2.0.0 

My question is that Could I set the cpu core clock to 160M HZ ,while the freqency of the external Oscillators is 40M HZ ? 

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

yes, it's highly recommended to use the latest RTM version.

And yes, this will help to reach highest performance. By the way, this configuration is used in lwip demo code in RTM version 2.0.0.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

zhangah
Contributor II

Hello,

I have download the lastest update packet with the version of RTM 2.0.0 from nxp web station.

pastedImage_1.png

When I open the packet, there're several files like following:

pastedImage_3.png

There's no executable file. My OS is Windows 10. How could I use this packet to upgrade the SDK to RTM 2.0.0?

Could you give me a explicit Operation manual? Thanks very much!

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

see please this link, section Installation Instructions:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-342355 

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

zhangah
Contributor II

Hello,

Thanks for your help.Now I have completed the update.But Another question occur. How could I use the newer version SDK IDE to open the project developed by last version.Could you give me some guide manual? Thank you very much.

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

if you used EAR 0.8.1, it will be necessary to start from scratch. It's not possible to migrate this project directly to latest RTM version. There are relatively lot of differences.

My colleague plan to write some "how to" document about the migration of projects but first EAR -> latest RTM is really not supported.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

zhangah
Contributor II

Hello,

Thanks for your help.It's a shame that Our project has almost completed in EAR 0.8.1.

0 Kudos