How to get start to NXP PowerPC architecture ICs?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get start to NXP PowerPC architecture ICs?

fenghr
Contributor I

hello,

I am new to NXP microcontroller,especially to PowerPC architecture ICs,I had bought a MPC5744P Develop Kit but donot know how to get start. For example,in the S32DS built-in example, the code “SIUL2.MSCR[PC11].B.OBE = 1; /* Pad PC11 - Red LED. */”,what does this line of code mean? Where can I find referenced books or specification?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

SIUL2.MSCR[PC11].B.OBE = 1; /* Pad PC11 - Red LED. */”

This line is configuring SIUL2 unit MSCR11 register. Those registers control multiplexer, in/out buffers, etc..

They are configuring pads for desired functions.

This one sets output buffer enable for PC11 at your test board. Looks like PC11 is connected to red LED.

But really, you should get first reference manual from our web. Second if you wan to use our examples its also good to understand C language (at least basics).

PPC architecture itself is quite complex to explain on forum and also the peripherals, buses, memories on MPC5744P are quite advanced.

As James wrote you should start with some simple trainings or at least read reference manual introduction chapter to have a clue how complex is it.

Peter

0 Kudos

fenghr
Contributor I

Hi,Perter

what is '.B.OBE' mean? I 

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Well,

how to explain it.

It is bitfield of structure of MSCR register. Check you header file to see the full structure.

B.OBE is enabling output buffer -> check reference manual for MSCR register.

It looks like to me that you are going into PPC architecture without knowledge of programming language.

This could be pretty tough.

Petrer

0 Kudos

jamesmurray
Contributor V

There can be a very steep learning curve.

Assuming this is for a commercial project, I would consider contacting your local NXP office and booking onto a training course.

James

0 Kudos