How to fix: "Failed to install WinDriver's kernel module error for CW MPC5XX Edition V8.7 installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix: "Failed to install WinDriver's kernel module error for CW MPC5XX Edition V8.7 installation

codycowdin
Contributor I

Hello,

While trying to install an evaluation version of Code Warrior MPC5XX v8.7, I am running into and install error involving WinDriver's kernel module, Error calling class installer register. This leads to Error 1722, that states there is a problem with the windows installer package. Is there a way around this?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I need to get this software running asap!

Thank you,

Cody

Labels (1)
2 Replies

sverhoff
Contributor I

I have tried downloading and installing this evaluation version as well with the same errors. I tried installing it on a Windows 7 machine. I was able to install it on a Windows XP machine. If there is no plan to update it, can you please provide another cross compiler tool for the MPC5xx architecture? Because we will not be using XP.

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

which system do you use? This old version of CodeWarrior is not running on Win 7 (there's no plan to update it). If possible, try that on Win XP - here it should still work fine.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos