Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure the high state tick period of 0 with sent module on MPC5746R

Jump to solution
fanshichencao
Contributor I

Hello,

As shown in the figure below.According to the sent protocol,It is configurable that the value 0 contains high pluse tick period(The standard value is 7) and low pluse tick period(The standard value is 7).but it can be configured for other values.

The MCU I used is MPC5746R,I'm debugging its sent module.Now I need to implement a requirement.What I need to implement is that the above parameters(high pluse tick period and low pluse tick period) are configurable.I think there should be relevant registers that can configure the above parameters.Which registers of send module should I operate to make the above parameters programmable and configurable?

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

as per the RM the module is based on the SAE J2716-2010.

BR, Petr

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

this is not configurable in the MPC5746R SENT receiver module.

You just have to program channel's prescaler value (for Receiver Clock) to match the Sensor Tx Clock
period within channel Clock Control register (SRX_CHn_CLK_CTRL). You can refer to chapter 53.5.1 Initialization sequence of the RM.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos
fanshichencao
Contributor I

Hello Petr,

Thank you very much for your reply, which is very helpful to me.I have another question,Does the MPC5746R SENT receiver module support sent's standard SAE J2716-2016?

0 Kudos
zhangguowang
Contributor I

hello, I want to use SENT in MPC5744P, the reference manual has the following description SENT_global.JPG

However, I think time below 3us can be obtained by set the SRX_CHn_CLK_CTRL register.

SENT_channel.JPG

For example,  the High Frequency Receiver clock is 100MHz(0.01us), and the SRX_CHn_CLK_CTRL register is set as 1.5/0.01=150

So what will happen in this case?

The unit tick time of my signal source is 1.5us.

0 Kudos
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

as per the RM the module is based on the SAE J2716-2010.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos