cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cause the NCF[5,6,32,46] on MPC5744P

fredericleloir
Contributor I

Hello,

Please, I would like a help to invoke the NCF[5], NCF[6], NCF [32] & NCF[46] on MPC5744P processor.

My goal, it's to invoke these NCF to check the behavior of my FCCU configuration.
Regarding the MPC5744P Reference Manual Rev. 6, it seems that it's not possible to inject these faults by using the Noncritical Fault Fake register (FCCU_NCFF).

So, how to generate these faults easily and have you an example or application note to explain it ?

Waiting your reply.
Best Regards,
Frederic

2 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

These faults cannot be injected by FCCU itself.

To create NCF 5 and 6 you have to write incorrect DCF records. As they are reporting incorrect DCF records in case of invalid record or violating special DCF records strategies. As the DCF record area is OTP, programming incorrect DCF record will be permanent.

NCF[5] is for safety client -> CERS bit is set in SSCM. Based on this bit SSCM triggers NCF[5] in FCCU.

NCF[6] is Safety error: SSCM transfer error (during STCU2 configuration loading) ORed with flash memory reset error 

NCF[32] - This fault triggers when an external circuitry reports an error to the MCU via the error input pin. Which
particular faults this indicates depends on the application.

NCF[46] - The FCCU safe mode requests the input triggers when the Reset Generation Module (RGM) requests the
SAFE mode upon certain events, based on its configuration.

Peter

fu860925
Contributor I

{

.functionID    = 2,

.hwSwRecovery  = FCCU_NCF_HW_REC_FAULT,

.reset         = FCCU_NCFS_NO_RESET,

.timeoutEnable = false,

.reactionType  = 0U,

.callback      = NULL,

.callbackParam = NULL

};

fault 0-4, the same config, two inject mothod,

FirstFCCU_DRV_SetNcfFake(0U,2U)  no reaction, not alarm or fault status, why?

SecondPMC->FIR = 0x1U;

When debug this line, s32 design studio show error, Error : Error in ONCE status register during instruction execution.  why?

0 Kudos