Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help figuring out last default DCF Record written to MPC5748G

Jump to solution
gvictorio
Contributor III

Hello,

I was wondering if somebody from NXP or perhaps a DCF-experienced user could help me figure out what the last DCF Record written by default to a MPC5748G device is doing.

Basically I want to understand what NXP sets in the chip during manufacturing so I read the DCF Records (starting at 0x00400348) of a couple devices that have never had any DCF Records written after NXP delivery and I was able to figure out each one of the records except the last one, which seems like it is writing to the OTPEN1 DCF client however the value being written does not make sense to me since it would be reserved bits according to the MPC5748G RM.

Please see the following image explaining my "DCF parsing" process... Can anyone clarify to me what that last DCF record is doing?

161461_161461.pngFigureout_Last_DCF_Rec.png

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have talked internally and this record was really added to DCF in NXP factories.

I makes BAF area OTP.

In past often happen that user erased BAF area so I expect that this is the reason.

Peter

View solution in original post

6 Replies
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have check cut2.0 of MPC5748G and I do not have such record written from factory.

pastedImage_1.png

As you do not described which device you are using i assume you do not have latest cut.

Peter

gvictorio
Contributor III

Interesting... how can I confirm which cut do I have?

In case is needed, the markings on top of my device are as follows:

PPC5748GMMN6A

1N81M

CTZPS1542A

Or perhaps the UID contents from the UTEST area?

UID.png

Assuming this cut 2.0 is the latest... when was that available for the first time? 

I'm being told that the parts we have in the parts I'm working on were received back in April this year... and a little bit after that we ordered a few more parts which will be used soon in new parts (not sure if those would be the same as the ones I'm using now).

If we do not have cut 2.0, is there something that we should be concerned about?

Thanks for your help petervlna.

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

You have cut 2.0.

I have no idea why additional DCF record is in your micro.

Did you checked more samples?

Also check SSCM module CES and CERS bits if there is no issue with DCF configuration loading.

Peter

gvictorio
Contributor III

Ok, glad to hear I have cut 2.0 (how did you determine that BTW?)

I checked on the 3 MPC5748G devices that I have access to and they all have the same contents.

The SSCM does not detect any configuration problem:

No device config detected.PNG

So... is my interpretation correct? Is that DCF record attempting to write to reserved bits on the OTPEN1 DCF client? If so, any idea what would be the impact?

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have talked internally and this record was really added to DCF in NXP factories.

I makes BAF area OTP.

In past often happen that user erased BAF area so I expect that this is the reason.

Peter

gvictorio
Contributor III

Thank you for checking into this petervlna‌, that makes sense.

0 Kudos