cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIO Clock

ailtonlopes
Contributor III

Hi, 

Right now I'm doing a custom GPIO/SIUL2 driver for the MPC5748G and I wanted to ask if there´s a way to set or gate off the clock for the GPIO pins or Port, for what I´ve seen now is that I´m able to use the GPIO ports and the SIUL2 even without configuring their clock using the clock driver. 

My idea is if possible to be able to only enable to clock to a port or the GPIO if any of the pins are initialized. So Ill need to do that on my GPIO Driver.

Kind regards, 

Ailton Lopes

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

if there´s a way to set or gate off the clock for the GPIO pins or Port

Yes, the SIUL belongs to Power domain 1 (PD1) which clock is gated off in Standby/LPU Standby mode.

Other than that SIUL don't have independent peripheral control bit in Mode entry module.

My idea is if possible to be able to only enable to clock to a port or the GPIO if any of the pins are initialized. So Ill need to do that on my GPIO Driver.

Well, I understand. For this purpose you have DRUN mode which is active after reset and where all pins are configured as GPIO. After configuration is done you move to RUNx modes where the application runs and use the configured pins.

regards,

Peter