cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeRtos on MPC-5668

paulphilipp
Contributor I

Hi!

i'm trying to port freeRTOS to mpc5668 microcontroller. I'm new in porting and i need every type of help how to write a port.c and portmacro.c , because its so important for me.

I'm using CodeWarrior and Lauterbach...I found port.c for mpc5xxx but for GCC, can anyone describe whats the differnce between this two compilers?

Thanks a lot

Labels (1)
2 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paul,

you're using CodeWarrior development tool to develop your application for MCP5668.

We've 2 versions supporting this device:

- CodeWarrior for MCU V10.5 based on Eclipse (most recent version),

- CodeWarrior for MPC55xx/56xx V2.10 based on classic IDE.

for my understanding the development tools don't include GCC build tool chain.

Under the compiler manual there is a chapter for GCC extensions.

Please have a look to "\CW MCU v10.5\MCU\Help\PDF\MCU_Power-Architecture_Compiler.pdf"

Page 283: Chapter 15 - C Compiler

We provide some header files for each processor.

this is used when you create a project with the wizard.

these files are in the folder:

\CW MCU v10.5\MCU\lib\wizard_data\PA\DataBase\derivatives

\CW for MPC55xx and MPC56xx 2.10\bin\Plugins\Support\MPC55XXWizard\DataBase\derivatives

We provide another tool which can be used  to generate the config file for the processor used.

RAPPID Product Summary Page

Details:

RAppID is a family of graphical development tools for the MPC5XXX family of Power Architecture® controllers that enables the user to quickly and easily configure the controller PLUS generate complete documentation. It can also be used as a learning tool to gain an understanding of the controller and it’s peripherals. RAppID not only generates C code for initializing the registers, but it also provides a system initialization function that brings the controller up in an orderly sequence. Use RAppID to save time and become an expert on the MPC5XXX Family.

Click on Download Tab and scroll down.

there is a version for:

RAppID Pin Wizard for MPC5668E/G processors : RAppID Pin Wizard for MPC5668G/E processors.

Size (K): 51223 Format: zip Rev #: 0 Modified: 2/27/2009

hope this will help you.

Regards

Pascal

gorgiaslee
Contributor I

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos