FreeMaster Lite v1.2: No license key exists.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeMaster Lite v1.2: No license key exists.

Jump to solution
DN_at_Rix
Contributor I

I am working with FreeMaster v3.2 and in the prompting to enter a valid FreeMaster Lite license key I routinely get an error. It is apparently searching for a license key for FreeMaster Lite 1.2, but the license information page will only issue a key for FreeMaster Lite 1.1.

Should I just use FreeMaster v3.1 instead? Will a FreeMaster Lite v1.2 license become available soon?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @DN_at_Rix,

FreeMASTER Lite key should be is assigned to your NXP account after you access the link displayed in the installation window. The installer should prompt a window that redirects you automatically to that URL if FreeMASTER Lite is selected on the component screen during the installation process.

Here's the link for FreeMASTER Lite 1.2: https://www.nxp.com/webapp/swlicensing/sso/downloadSoftware.sp?catid=FreeMASTER_Lite_1.2.RTM

Could you access it and let me know if FreeMASTER Lite 1.2 is added to your account.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @DN_at_Rix,

FreeMASTER Lite key should be is assigned to your NXP account after you access the link displayed in the installation window. The installer should prompt a window that redirects you automatically to that URL if FreeMASTER Lite is selected on the component screen during the installation process.

Here's the link for FreeMASTER Lite 1.2: https://www.nxp.com/webapp/swlicensing/sso/downloadSoftware.sp?catid=FreeMASTER_Lite_1.2.RTM

Could you access it and let me know if FreeMASTER Lite 1.2 is added to your account.

0 Kudos
GanesanGuru
Contributor IV

Hi @iulian_stan ,

I've got the Activation code and yet after feeding the code, within 2 seconds, the installation is rolling back. Why it is happening so?! Kindly look into the installation log, which was attached as follows.

Also, I came to know in some Q&A, if sometimes the Activation code is not wrong it happens like so. Is there is any means to re-allocate a new activation code for myself for FreeMASTER Lite 1.2?

Else, can I download and try FreeMASTER Lite 1.1 - whose bin file is not available in NXP forms,. Any link to download the same? As its Activation code has been allocated to me in SW Licenses tab 

0 Kudos
iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @GanesanGuru,

Unfortunately, you are facing a different issue - your installation fails before key validation.

In case of an invalid key, the installer displays an popup window with and error code.
That's where validation happens:

>>>: java -Djava.library.path=/tmp/352019.tmp/FNPLicense/cll/x64 -jar /tmp/352019.tmp/FNPLicense/license.jar run -feature Activated -version 1.2 -prod FreeMASTER_Lite_1.2.RTM 

but the process fails (with a SIGSEGV error) before returning.

You can verify key validity by running the installer in a VM (even on the same machine) or on a different PC.
Current licensing policy allows you to use the same license key on 100 different devices:

Capture.PNG

For further question please use the original post.
Kind regards.

DN_at_Rix
Contributor I

Hey  @iulian_stan ,

That worked great, thank you for the support!

Cheers,

DN_at_Rix

0 Kudos