Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCCU fake fault injection issue

Jump to solution
Fang_Chen
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Peter,

Customer ran the online BIST and FCCU module tests(inject the fake fault to observe its reaction) on their project. Online bist would be executed first. When the FCCU error is injected into the sixth (STCU_UF), the system will reset, which is normal, but after the reset, the online bist will be executed again. The condition for judging whether the online bist is executed is whether the end flag (STCU2_LBESW, STCU2_MBELSW, STCU2_MBEMSW, STCU2_MBEHSW) is set. So I guess that when the STCU_UF error is injected, the system will change the value of the above register. But no relevant description was found in the MPC5777C reference manual. I saw that you replied to a similar question in the community. Can you help me confirm that my guess is correct? Thanks.

@petervlna 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The reset of result results will be kept in case of STCU reset at end of the BIST.

But reset from FCCU trigger different kind of reset based on what you see. Such reset will set STCU registers to its default values.

I never investigated which modules will be reset on FCCU reset on fault on this device.

Best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The reset of result results will be kept in case of STCU reset at end of the BIST.

But reset from FCCU trigger different kind of reset based on what you see. Such reset will set STCU registers to its default values.

I never investigated which modules will be reset on FCCU reset on fault on this device.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos