Debugging the SENT example,but no results.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging the SENT example,but no results.

gsr007
Contributor I

I tried to debug the SENT example (srx_fast_dma_mpc5744p,and Code Generation),and I saw the value of related expression ( its name is sensordata)  in S32DS, but it couldn't receive any data from the sensor.

May I ask if there was an error and what was the specific reason for it? Or could you provide some guesses?

gsr007_0-1698636577870.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I am bit confused here.

So you have setup your HW for SENT communication with sensors. Programmed sent example SW to device,but not data are present in buffer?

Could you please elaborate closed what is the issue here?

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

gsr007
Contributor I

The example I used is from S32PA RTM SDK v3.0.0 Example Projects.

I connected my development board device with sensor correctly. I debugged this code in S32DS and observed the variable storing sensor data, and found that the values of the variable remained unchanged and abnormal. Later, I disconnected the development board with the sensor, and the above situation remained unchanged (which should indicate that the development board did not receive data from the sensor correctly).
In addition, I found in the SENT related programming manual that debug mode may have an impact on receiving data sent by the SENT protocol. Is this because of it?

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Later, I disconnected the development board with the sensor, and the above situation remained unchanged (which should indicate that the development board did not receive data from the sensor correctly).

Well, if I am correct, that means your variable is not being updated. You better check the store buffers where the received data are stored, instead of C code variable in your project. If the data are not in there then you can assume the device did not receive them.

petervlna_0-1698737548997.png

I found in the SENT related programming manual that debug mode may have an impact on receiving data sent by the SENT protocol. Is this because of it?

So you are receiving data? Because above you stated that there are no data in variable.

I am bit confused here.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

gsr007
Contributor I

Hello ,Peter.

After my testing, I found that the reason why the SENT receiver cannot receive data is that the CRC verification method of the SENT receiver is different from that of the sensor. But after I make the changes, there is a 50% chance that the SENT receiver will still enter the receive error interrupt. Do you have any opinion on this?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

gsr007
Contributor I

Thank you,Peter.

I passed some tests and ultimately found that when I connected the sensor, the code would continue to enter the receiving error state.
Specifically, the program will always execute case: SRX_ CALLBACK_ RX_ ERROR in the srxNotification function in the main. c file; Through tracking, it was found that the chip will continue to enter SRX_ DRV_ IRQ_ RxErrHandler() function when receiving data;

gsr007_0-1698808195111.pnggsr007_1-1698808222126.png

Does this mean that there are differences between the SENT configuration on my chip and the data format sent by the sensor (such as inconsistent ticks length), resulting in receiving data errors?

Alternatively, you may have some other guesses?

Thanks.

0 Kudos