Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currently unable to debug on MPC5777C-416DS

Jump to solution
ingogiersch
Contributor II

Hi,

I have a 'MPC5777C-416DS' mounted on an SPC57xxMB.

I have connected a Lauterbach Power Debug Interface USB 3 with an LA-7763 DEBUG-MPC5500 to the 14 pin JTAG connector on the MPC5777C-416DS.

When I switch power on the Power LEDs on mainboard and daughterboard light up green.

Sadly also the reset LED D8 continuously signals reset by shining red the whole time.

Pressing the reset button SW2 lights the orange LED D10, but D8 never stops shining red.

When I try the CMM script ' D:\Debugger\T32_PA_201605\demo\powerpc\flash\mpc5777c.cmm' Trace 32 reports 'Debug port fail' at System.detect.cpu.

I even tried to connect with 'Halt core at power-on reset' which detects switching off and on, but after that it reports an error.

Is there anything else I could do/configure to activate debugging via JTAG?

I tried to switch the JTAG voltage via J32 from default 3.3V to 5V, but that didn't change anything.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

1 Solution
ingogiersch
Contributor II

Problem solved J21 was wrongly configured (pin 5&6 connected instead of 1&2 for 1.25V from MB).

I don't know how anyone could have worked with that board before.

The jumper configuration was somewhere in between using the daughter board standalone and mounted on the mother board.

Thanks for your suggestions and hints.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Hmm so "Halt core at power-on reset" does not work.

We had also on some Lauterbach devices observed that BDM clock needs to be lowered to 1MHz.

pastedImage_2.png

"I even tried to connect with 'Halt core at power-on reset' which detects switching off and on, but after that it reports an error."

Which error?

Check if CPU is set for MPC5777C.

After Power on reset is your reset line (LED) toggling or it is a sustain reset signal? Check it with scope. Also try to disconnect external reset button (Jumper J27).

Could you share your message area view from Lauterbach when failure occurs?

Peter

0 Kudos
ingogiersch
Contributor II

Thak you for your quick and competent reply.

I just tried 1.0 MHz, sadly same result.

I used the Lauterbach script for MPC5777C and yes it sets the CPU to MPC5777C.

I just realized, that the 1.25V LED does not light up...

We received the boards from a customer, maybe they configured some jumpers differently, I try to figure that out.

0 Kudos
ingogiersch
Contributor II

Problem solved J21 was wrongly configured (pin 5&6 connected instead of 1&2 for 1.25V from MB).

I don't know how anyone could have worked with that board before.

The jumper configuration was somewhere in between using the daughter board standalone and mounted on the mother board.

Thanks for your suggestions and hints.

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Nice to hear that,

You are welcome.

0 Kudos