cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on BAM of MPC5643L

arthivenkatasub
Contributor III

Hi Sir,

1. I need to code for BAM till now I understood BAM ,first we need to know the Device mode from the SSCM module and  based on the mode, protocol need to be chosen (in case of SBL), then we need to get the password through protocol, echo it then validate password if it is valid , next get the start address, VLE and code length , echo them through protocol. Likewise , get the data, saved into SRAM and make the control to jump to the start address of the  Application in the following flow,

pastedImage_2.png

Am I correct or BAM is an in-built code which is available and based on the protocol used,it will work on its own?

Can anybody clear me with this

2. For Compare by Hardware as you said it can be swapped by code. Flash password is stored in NVPWD registers. I just swapped my received password.

Is there any default location for storing the received password(swapped)?

How the hardware identifies the received password (swapped) and how it is comparing with the Flash word?

Whether we need to store the received password (swapped) in some particular location or hardware can take the received password (swapped) from any location.

Regards,

Arthi Venkatasubramanian

Tags (1)
1 Reply

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1) Yes, BAM is the hardwired code that is being executed only in case device boots with serial boot mode

pastedImage_1.png

2) It is located in shadow flash. I would like to warn that shadow flash manipulation is needed to do very carefully, because an inappropriate usage can lead in making the device useless (if you accidentally erase shadow flash there is no chance to recover it and the only thing you can do subsequently is to order new MCU and re-solder.

pastedImage_2.png