cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN Communication for MPC 5775E

NilsTro
Contributor II

Hello NXP Community,

I am using the MCSPTR2A5775E 3-Phase PMSM Motor Control Kit. I managed to get the motor running, using the standard application software with S32DS. The software can be found on NXP's website:

https://www.nxp.com/design/development-boards/automotive-motor-control-solutions/mpc5xxx-solutions-/...

For my project I need to send speed commands to the MCU from an external device using a CAN-bus. Can someone help me, how to aimplement a CAN bus in the existing software? I found some CAN examples for MPC5777C but I don't see how to transfer this to my project.

Thank you in advance

Nils

0 Kudos
9 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nils,

This is already internally in progress in application team.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

NilsTro
Contributor II

Hello Peter,

That's great. Thanks for the update. Looking forward to hearing from you.

BR

Nils

0 Kudos

Addieville
Contributor I

If I have an 8 bit ADC on a microcontroller sampling at 20 MHz, and the ADC operates at a 132 MHz clock, the voltage isn't communicated every period is it? Does how long it takes to communicate the voltage depend on how big the word is? So in this case, it would take 8 cycles which would be ~ 60 ns (8/132E6) since its an 8 bit ADC?   PointClickCare CNA App

I know 8 bit gives the resolution so the (voltage range/256). I know the 20 MHz sampling just means it can measure changes to the pin at a 10 MHz rate (nyquist)

0 Kudos

NilsTro
Contributor II

This thread is about implementation of a CAN channel on MPC5775E.

Are you sure your post links to this topic?

0 Kudos

NilsTro
Contributor II

Hello @petervlna ,

thank you for notifying. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything yet.

Looking forward to his reply. It would be really helpful as our project is on hold.

Best regards

Nils

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Nils,

I was talking with FAE assigned to Airbus, she should be in contact with you now. right?

Application engineer, has some demo with CAN for freemaster, but we need feedback from FAE first, then we can start sharing it. Simple uploading files here will cause big support as you are not familiar with the SW and probably wont be able to run it yourself.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

NilsTro
Contributor II

Hello Peter,

I understand. No, there was no contact yet. 

So, for my information, what does this demo include? Is it a piece of software that uses the CAN-interface of MPC5775E and enables monitoring/creation of messages via freemaster? Does it include the motor control application as well or can it be integrated into the latter?

Thanks and best regards

Nils

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Just spoke with FAE. The result is there was no response from your side up to now.

So we are waiting for response from you.

If I understood correctly the code is extension for motor demo.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I have notified kit owner, he has something for CAN.

In case he has some time, it is possible he will reply here.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos