An unknown 29-Bit CAN ID is transmitted from ECU onto the CANbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An unknown 29-Bit CAN ID is transmitted from ECU onto the CANbus

joshua_dolphin
Contributor I

I currently have the Freescale MPC560XP micro. I have a CAN Driver implemented into our software, I successfully have this integration of CAN Driver, init, Tx, Rx, bus off detection/recovery etc is working as intended too.

Info: ARVersion 3.0.0 ARRevision ASR_REL_3_0_REV_0003 ARConfVariant SWVersion 3.0.0 BuildVersion XPC560xP_MCAL_3_0_0_RTM_P1_HF8_ASR_REL_3_0_REV_0003_20120628

I have since been investigating the start up of our application, and at power cycles for start up we see unknown CAN messages with 29-bit identifiers transmitted from our ECU. The following IDs have been seen; 0x0B7B2EE6, 0x0B792EA6 and 0x0B792EF6. From power on we see after ~5-10ms we see the CAN bursts on the CANbus, due to no other ECU been able to provide ACK, we think the CAN Controller as per protocol is trying to constantly resend this (see attachement 1 - OscilliscopeTrace_CAN_Bursts.png). For some experimentation purposes I have only flashed the bootloader onto the ECU, and with the bootloader only flashed we see this CAN Burst with unknown 29-bit ID CAN message.

I assume that it is FLEXCAN responsible for transmitting this message as no software is instructing the hardware to tx this message? I have looked into the freescale FLEXCAN and cannot see anywhere that is doing this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

sumedhnadiger
Contributor I

Hello @joshua_dolphin 

We are currently facing almost same issue as faced by you and we are also using MPC controller with FlexCAN. Wanted to check with you if you find any solution or inputs on this. 

Please let us know. This would be of great help. 

Thanks !

0 Kudos