Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address shift of PBL causing Erase Memory Failure : MPC5777C

Jump to solution
kasi_lakshmiman
Contributor I

Hi,

My bootloader works fine if PBL is located at address: 0x00000000. But if i shift the PBL address to 0x00800000 address range, It gives me "Erase Memory Failure" at the time of application download. I am using MPC5777C controller. Help me resolving this issue. What are the necessary changes to be done to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

it sounds like Read-While-Write (RWW) problem. Notice that RWW is possible only between partitions. If a partition is being programmed or erased, it's not possible to access this partition.

pastedImage_1.png

So, this is the first thing to check. The code must be executed from another partition or from RAM. Also interrupts could cause issues - either disable it or ensure that interrupts does not touch partitions which are going to be erased or programmed.

Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

1 Reply
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

it sounds like Read-While-Write (RWW) problem. Notice that RWW is possible only between partitions. If a partition is being programmed or erased, it's not possible to access this partition.

pastedImage_1.png

So, this is the first thing to check. The code must be executed from another partition or from RAM. Also interrupts could cause issues - either disable it or ensure that interrupts does not touch partitions which are going to be erased or programmed.

Regards,

Lukas