About modify .lcf 's effect on Ethernet

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About modify .lcf 's effect on Ethernet

Contributor III

Hello everyone,

As  DMA read / write to RAM on background and cache is not updated which occurs when DMA and cache is used together ,so  when I use the Ethernet model which has DMA , I choose a part of  RAM memory which is not be cached.

This way is asked by technical support when I bring up relate question last time.the address below  is the answer.

(https://community.freescale.com/thread/394058)

Q5_%I)(O]8VWJ]9HICN8H%7.png

It is really helpful  and I have used it . "myram" in the photo is the RAM memory which I used for Ethernet.

But  recently I need  to modify the memory, I make a little modify about lcf, but I reserve the part of RAM memory about Ethernet.

18VE(XHXBYN~1IXCML3O5JD.png

But I do not know why the Ethernet is not make effect after I modify it  while  other is running well  .It has puzzled me for two weeks .I really hope I can get help from someone.  If the information is not enough, please contact me.

Thank you.      

Best regards.

Yao Guang

0 Kudos
3 Replies

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I sent you the previous answer, but unfortunately, I do not understand this question. Could you please try to clarify it and describe it more detail?

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

Contributor III

Hello,

Think you very much for your reply ! I have sovled this question now. The question is because my misunderstanding about something .

But I have some other puzzles about "flash memory" now , hope you can help me . Recently I am learning CAN Bootloader ,there are some operation that I can't understand.

From MPC5675K's datasheet ,I know that we can read-while-write between different banks, but whether it means that we can't read-while-write in the same bank. I really want to get answer from you.

Someone tell me yes , but I had dowmload bootloader program in the memory start in 0x100000 and then download application program in the memory start in 0x4010. They are in the same bank 0. Finally, the application program run well.

I do not know whether it is right that read-while-write in the same bank and whether it can occur problems in the future .

Second, in the Mid Address Space an high Address Space , the first (lower addresses) 16 bytes (128 bits) of every 32-byte aligned range are stored in CFM0 and the last 16 bytes(128 bits) are stored in CFM1. I really want to know why .

Regards,

Yao Guang

0 Kudos

Contributor III

Hello,

Think you very much for your reply ! I have sovled this question now. The question is because my misunderstanding about something .

But I have some other puzzles about "flash memory" now , hope you can help me . Recently I am learning CAN Bootloader ,there are some operation that I can't understand.

From MPC5675K's datasheet ,I know that we can read-while-write between different banks, but whether it means that we can't read-while-write in the same bank. I really want to get answer from you.

Someone tell me yes , but I had dowmload bootloader program in the memory start in 0x100000 and then download application program in the memory start in 0x4010. They are in the same bank 0. Finally, the application program run well.

I do not know whether it is right that read-while-write in the same bank and whether it can occur problems in the future .

Second, in the Mid Address Space an high Address Space , the first (lower addresses) 16 bytes (128 bits) of every 32-byte aligned range are stored in CFM0 and the last 16 bytes(128 bits) are stored in CFM1. I really want to know why .

Regards,

Yao Guang

0 Kudos