ALARM and NMI reaction in FCCU

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALARM and NMI reaction in FCCU

Dina_ayoub
Contributor II

what is the expected reaction when enabling the ALARM and NMI reaction type interrupt for a configured fake NCF? what should I expect? how can I test it?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I am not sure what you did in SW, but there is nothing special to do.

What you can do is to check if your device is calling and external interrupt IVOR4 at all, on FCCU IRQ event.

Setup your breakpoint to IVOR4 interrupt handler and check if the device will stop there once you inject fault. If not, you are not even triggering interrupt from FCCU.

Here is example for MPC5744P:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-333400

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The reaction is interrupt and after alarm expires then you will get FAULT state of FCCU.

petervlna_0-1647495661354.png

Have a look at this document explaining how to test it:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN5284.pdf

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

Dina_ayoub
Contributor II

Hello Peter,

Yes, I checked these reactions but Nothing happens when I apply the following sequence:

• I set the ALARM or NMI Reaction interrupt type for a certain NCF through the S32 IDE.
  • I call the FCCU_DRV_SetNcfFake function to fake the configured NCF and monitor the reaction to be as you mentioned previously.
  • During debugging session the software enters the FCCU_DRV_SetNcfFake, execute it and leave with no interrupt reaction or entering fault state.

I also tried configuring the ALARM reaction interrupt and put a callback function inorder to have a noticeable action, but still nothing happen, and the following function FCCU_DRV_IrqHandler_Activity  is only called in the init function.

do you know why is the behavior like this and/or how can I test it? 

0 Kudos