A question about Parallel Data Interface (PDI) forSPC5606S

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about Parallel Data Interface (PDI) forSPC5606S

jiangyu
Contributor II

We are going to develop a fault diagnosis tester for Electric Vehicles,which the main function is to achieve diagnosis on online. And we have designed the PCB by ourself with the SPC5606S core. Something has been toubled me for a long time , we are not clear about the  Parallel Data Interface (PDI) . Just as the reference mannual says" The PDI input is directly injected into the DCU background plane FIFO ". So I am wonder the function of the PDI for LCD display module.
                                                                                                                                               Waiting for your answers!

Sincerely, Nick

1 Reply

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

if I understand you well, you would like to know what can PDI be used for. Quoting datasheet:

• Connect a video camera output directly to the PDI
• Connect a secondary display driver as slave with a minimum of extra cost
• Connect a device gathering various video sources

Telling in other words -
Typical application would be rear-view camera input. Also PDI input can be connected to graphic output of another display serving background screen whilst MPC5606S adds additional graphics and displays the whole picture over DCU. And finally it can be output of FPGA or other device, creating the picture from muliple sources whatever way. T
he application usage is however limited what is described in following document:
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/engineering-bulletin/EB736.pdf

Hope it helps