A Critical Input Exception is signalled to the processor by the assertion of the critical interrupt pin. Causing condition for Critical Input Exception : p_critint_b is asserted and MSRCE = 1. In manual register settings are mentioned, to get critical int

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Critical Input Exception is signalled to the processor by the assertion of the critical interrupt pin. Causing condition for Critical Input Exception : p_critint_b is asserted and MSRCE = 1. In manual register settings are mentioned, to get critical int

anujajagtap
Contributor II

A Critical Input Exception is signalled to the processor by the assertion of the critical interrupt pin.
Causing condition for Critical Input Exception : p_critint_b is asserted and MSRCE = 1.
In manual register settings are mentioned, to get critical interrupt, but for some of the registers we dont have write access.
So we are not able to check our implementation for critical input exception.
Please let us know how can we test this functionality through software.

Labels (1)
6 Replies

anujajagtap
Contributor II

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for your reply.

Device is MPC5748G.

Regards,

Anuja

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Anuja,

I did quick test on my board and to get critical interrupt I did:

- set MSR[CE] = 1

- enable input buffer on NMI pin PA1: SIUL2.MSCR[1].B.IBE = 0x1;

- configure NCR register in Wake up unit:

- set NDSS0 to 01, so critical interrupt is triggered

- set NREE0 to enable rising edge (or NFEE0 if you want to trigger interrupt on falling edge)

- set NFE0 if you want to enable input filter

I used MPC5748G EVB where the PA1 pin is connected to SW3. If I push the button, rising edge appears on the pin and I can see that critical interrupt is triggered. It will jump to address IVPR+0x0.

Regards,

Lukas

anujajagtap
Contributor II

Hi Lukas,

In your comment, u have mentioned as "If I push the button, rising edge appears on the pin and I can see that critical interrupt is triggered", Is this push button is connected to PA pin on MPC5748G controller board?

Regards,

Anuja

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

anujajagtap
Contributor II

Hi Lukas,

It's working fine now.

Thanks for all your support.

Regards,