cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3-phase sensorless BLDC development kit info

ame85
Contributor I

Hi everybody,

A quick question from a forum newbie here.

I am thinking of purchasing the MTRCKTSBN5604P 3-phase sensorless BLDC motor development kit, on behalf of my company. We want to learn how to control a BLDC motor, and this kit seems like a good starting point for us. We also have the need to use one of the 56XX microcontrollers family, preferrably the 5604P or the 5643L. Last but not least, we would like to use sensor control, not sensorless, if that is possible.

My question is: is it possible to use other BLDC motors than the one already provided with this kit?

I am thinking of using a Hall-effect motor, but I don't know if it will be supported by the hardware and software included with this devkit. I am aware that there are other sensor-oriented motor control development kits, but they do not seem to use a BLDC motor (only PMSM), nor a 56XX microcontroller unit. Can anyone suggest a possible solution, if the answer to the above question is negative?

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

ankur_kala
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You can interface any BLDC motor with the demo, Given the motor meets the hardware constraints (Primarily Voltage and Power). However to start with, I would recommend you to get in control of the existing motor first. The same hardware can be used for sensorless mode also. AS you can see in the QSG that interfaces for Encoder are readily available.

So in short you can use this kit for your initial learnings and later application development also in case you are targeting the same family of microcontroller.