cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCXN947 Coolflux BSP32 Use?

Jump to solution
Radar12345
Contributor II

The datasheet and reference manual for the MCXN947 mention the coolflux BSP32 processor. This processor appears to be suitable for DSP processing. However, I can find no documentation or examples on how to program this processor. Do any exist?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Radar12345
Contributor II

I have now been in contact with a NXP rep and they have informed me that there are no public tools available for compiling CoolFlux software. Therefore it is safe to say MCUxpresso IDE does not at present support the use of the Coolflux processor on the MCXN947.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

I hope you are well. You can find some examples on how to use this co-accelerator in the SDK. Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder (nxp.com)

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos
Radar12345
Contributor II
The link you have provided only links to a welcome page for the MCUexpresso SDK builder and has no mention of coolflux or BSP32. I have looked at the examples in MCUexpresso and can not identify any which include the coolflux processor. Is it possible for you to give the name of the example projects that include the coolflux processor or provide a link to webpage that describes how to use it within the MCUexpresso IDE.
0 Kudos
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

When building the SDK make sure that all middleware is selected. Please follow this video to import the SDK to the IDE: MCU Tech Minutes | NXP Semiconductors
Examples are found under the prefix powerquad.

Omar_Anguiano_0-1713816930639.png

PowerQuad itself cannot execute programmable programs independently, so it is not a processor, it is just a co-acceleration module that can be accessed through the co-processing interface, and can only accelerate specific math-related functions.

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos
Radar12345
Contributor II

My question was not about the powerquad processor which is documented in chapter 18 of the MCXN947 reference manual. My question is about the coolflux processor which is documented in chapter 21 of the same reference manual. I have used the powerquad to perform FFTs of various sizes using the example code. I know the powerquad can not be programmed as such. I want to know about programming the coolflux processor whos block diagram from the MCXN947 reference manual I show below.

Radar12345_0-1713860910495.png

From your response it appears the MCUexpresso IDE does not support use of or programming of the coolflux processor on the MCXN947, is that correct?

Radar12345
Contributor II

I have now been in contact with a NXP rep and they have informed me that there are no public tools available for compiling CoolFlux software. Therefore it is safe to say MCUxpresso IDE does not at present support the use of the Coolflux processor on the MCXN947.

0 Kudos
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

To obtain more info on this please use the contact us button on this page: COOLFLUX-DSP-BSP | NXP Semiconductors

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos