Extension 'MCUXpresso for VS Code' failed to update workspace folders: Error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension 'MCUXpresso for VS Code' failed to update workspace folders: Error

Edge30
Contributor I
I've been using the MCUExpreso for VSCode extension on a clean VScode install in my Macbook pro for over 6 months. I've created and imported example projects from the sdk without problems.
However today I can't import examples. I click on "Import Example from. Repository". I select any project. Then in the end it shows an error msg and the projects is not present in vscode. The project is created in the proper folder in the laptop though, but it is not imported to vscode.

The error msg is (attached is also a photo):
Extension 'MCUXpresso for VS Code' failed to update workspace folders: Error: Unable to write into the file. Please open the file to correct errors/warnings in the file and try again.
Source: MCUXpresso for VS Code (Extension)

Also an information msg is popped: Failed to create link(s) to repository. Search function will not look in the repository.

I'm using extension version 1.3.59 however I also went back to previous extensions from up to 3 months back and they all equally fail.
I'm using Mac OS Sonoma 14.1.1 which, afaik, is the latest available.
I have the same configuration on another macbook and tried but got exactly the same result.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Edge30,

It seems like VSCode is not able to get root privileges to the workspace you are working on. This would be the equivalent to administrator access on windows. You could try changing permissions to ensure that the workspace is not "read only", from a google search I found two links on how to potentially fix this issue:

https://macpaw.com/how-to/permission-denied-terminal#:~:text=Change%20file%20permissions,Info%20and%....

https://www.wikihow.com/Open-Applications-With-Root-Privileges-on-a-Mac

I hope this helps,
Edwin.

0 Kudos