Can not import local Zephyr Repo

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not import local Zephyr Repo

Kamison
Contributor I

Hello NXP Community, thanks first for your existence!
I have a really annoying problem on my MCUXpresso under Ubuntu Linux. If I try to import a zephyr project, I am able to find the project and I am also able to click on import.

Kamison_1-1709732844905.png

But nothing happens after that. The Project never appeared in the installed Repositories. I also don't get any error notification or something. If I add my freestanding App to workdirectory, it appears in MCUXpresso in Projects.
A build fails with the CMake errors:
1)Cannot specify sources for target "app" which is not build by this project
2) unknown Cmake command "zephyr_include_directories"
The same project is working under WIndows WSL. I also can build it with west.
Thanks for help!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

DragosMiloiu
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @Kamison,

Does that folder that you are trying to import contain a full Zephyr repository?

If you go to Outupt and select MCUXpresso for VS Code console, does it show any error when you try Import Repository?

DragosMiloiu_0-1712728887962.png

Thanks,

Dragos.

0 Kudos

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Kamison,

Are you certain that you installed the Zephyr Developer Software Kit when installing the MCUXpresso Visual Studio Installer? It is worth making sure that you are using the latest version of this, as well as updating the rest of the packages.

EdwinHz_0-1709772541765.png

You can open the Installer window by selecting "Open Walkthrough" on the "Quickstart Panel" and clicking on the "Open Installer" button under "Check Tool Dependencies."

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos

Kamison
Contributor I

Hey EdwinHz thanks for the answer. I checked the Installation and the installation lookes to be fine. 

nxp.png

0 Kudos