cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MXRT1160_evk flashloader

sathishkumar-rk
Contributor II

Hi Team,

I'm looking at write script of SPT_v4 (for RT1160_evk board) & I want to load user FCB file instead of default FCB.bin.

After loading flashloader into rom, there are few more steps regarding flash configuration before writing application binary file.

1. In below script statement what is action of configure the memory with value "0xCF900001"

@echo ### Select target memory instance using option on address 0x2000 ###
       call "%blhost%" %blhost_connect% -j -- fill-memory 0x2000 4 0xCF900001 word
       if errorlevel 2 exit 2
       call "%blhost%" %blhost_connect% -j -- configure-memory 9 0x2000
       if errorlevel 2 exit 2

2. Below step will load the custom FCB content

@echo ### Configure flex-spi-nor using FCB on address 0x2000 ###
       call "%blhost%" %blhost_connect% -j -- write-memory 0x2000 " C:\Users\zep_fcb.bin"                      
       if errorlevel 2 exit 2
       call "%blhost%" %blhost_connect% -j -- configure-memory 9 0x2000
       if errorlevel 2 exit 2

3. After loading FCB, the below command is trying to error the flash content 

@echo ### Erase memory before writing image ###
      call "%blhost%" %blhost_connect% -j -- flash-erase-region 0x30000000 63116 9
      if errorlevel 2 exit 2

4. Again configuring same memory with "0xF000000F", what is the use of this value?

@echo ### Create Flash Configuration Block (FCB) ###
     call "%blhost%" %blhost_connect% -j -- fill-memory 0x3000 4 0xF000000F word
     if errorlevel 2 exit 2
     call "%blhost%" %blhost_connect% -j -- configure-memory 9 0x3000
     if errorlevel 2 exit 2

Thanks,

Sathishkumar K

0 Kudos
1 Reply

marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sathishkumar,

about "3. After loading FCB, the below command is trying to error the flash content" - I suppose this is typo, the command erases the flash.

about "4. Again configuring same memory with "0xF000000F", what is the use of this value?" - the commands create FCB in the target FLASH at offset 0x400, so it can be used to configure memory access during booting from the FLASH. It is almost same as writing custom FCB file directly to the FLASH.

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos