Secure Provisioning Tool V3.1 can't start with GUI on Ubuntu 22.04

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure Provisioning Tool V3.1 can't start with GUI on Ubuntu 22.04

whateverdev
Contributor I

When trying to start Secure Provisioning v3.1 on Ubuntu 22.04, the application crashes immediately due to the provided libgtk-3.so.0 being outdated for the Gnome 4X shell. The error is:

(securep:3292130): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: 13:38:05.711: Settings schema 'org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.xsettings' does not contain a key named 'antialiasing'

This is a know bug in gtk3 and was fixed with version 3.24.25, but the tool still ships 3.24.20 with their libgtk-3.so.0. I would love to see an upgrade in this regard.

Launchpad bug report describing the issue: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk+3.0/+bug/1922464

Note: The CLI of the tooling luckily still works mostly.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

whateverdev
Contributor I

Ubuntu 22.04 was mostly an example. The issue exists since 21.04 with the introduction of Gnome 40. It mostly is a problem of the old gtk library used, Ubuntu 21.10 at least provides a complete wxWidgets 3.0 lib without problems.

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Friedrich,

I have prepared quick and dirty script which should make the SEC working also on Ubuntu 22.04; it is attached.

Please look to the script what it does  (it simply renames *.so* files, so it is reversible if needed)

How to use is described on the top in the script, here it is extracted for your convenience:

# this script renames libraries which should not be used by the securep executable
# script requires root access and working directory with the SEC libraries
# example of usage:
#
# chmod +x ./Downloads/sechotfix.sh
# cd /opt/nxp/MCUX_Provi_v3.1/bin/
# sudo ./Downloads/sechotfix.sh
#

I have to state that the Secure Provisioning Tool V3.1 was not neither tested under Ubuntu 22.04 nor with such modifications, so full functionality is not guaranteed. Still, under WSL I don't see any issue.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Friedrich,

SEC Tools v4.1 now officially supports Ubuntu 22 LTS.

MCUXpresso Secure Provisioning v4.1 Now Available

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Friedrich,

The Secure Provisioning v3.1 (from July 2021 is based on Ubuntu 20.04). Release of Ubuntu 22.04 is basically "today" so it is obvious. There's nothing more recent in Ubuntu 20.04  - it still has the libgtk 3.24.20 - https://packages.ubuntu.com/focal-updates/libgtk-3-0

Please note that wxWidgets library used in the SEC for UI does not officially offer Ubuntu 22.04 wheel as well ( https://extras.wxpython.org/wxPython4/extras/linux/gtk3/)

The upcoming v4 will be still Ubuntu 20.04 based. We'll look if there are any workarounds available.

We expect that all dependencies will be settled down after Ubuntu 22.04.1 release, so future release after the summer will be Ubuntu 22.04 based.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos