bootloader question on MAPS-K64 board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bootloader question on MAPS-K64 board

zhongshen
Contributor III

Based on towerk64f120m sdk flashloader_loader example, I run a dac_adc example on my MAPS-k64 board. The dac_adc example can run ok in the flash(at 0x0), and I build it to low ram(at 0x1fff0000) and generate flashload_image.c. When I try to use flashloader_loader example to sum it at ram, I got the problem, Attached picture is the debug screen.

MCUXpresso: MCUXpresso IDE v11.4.0 [Build 6224] [2021-07-15]

Screenshot from 2021-08-22 17-27-35.png

0 Kudos
10 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @zhongshen ,

Yes, instead of the flashloader, you can let flashloader_loader put other image into SRAM and run. Do you use the same linker file from flashloader project?

You can trace flashloader_loader project to see if it copy the image correctly and get the right PC and SP address.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

zhongshen
Contributor III

sometimes run on external ram, always reset!

the attached is the source code, which can be run at internal ram.  the flashloader_image.c is generated at external ram(at 0x80000000).

The debug console port is uart0, PTA1 as RX, PTA2 as TX. The loader initiate flexbus.

Hope anyone can give me advise me to solve this problem.

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I haven't this board. After initialize flexbus, have you read/write the RAM to test if it works well?

Regards,

0 Kudos

zhongshen
Contributor III

It is good to read/write RAM!

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have a small demo which copy a piece of code to 0x80000000 and execute this code. The hardware is a MRAM. It works fine. So, execute in FlexBus is no problem. 

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

zhongshen
Contributor III

Hi Jing,

Thank you for you help.

So far, the problem is not solved. Here is the result:

The dac_adc sdk demo can be loaded by flashloader_loader to load in ram on chip and successfully run in it. But build dac_adc sdk demo with external ram(at 0x80000000), and then using flashloader_loader to load it at 0x80000000, setting the SCB->VTOR=0x80000000, main stack pointer and process stack pointer, after then to jmp dac_adc demo entry, I got the hard fault. I can not understand that the demo can run at internal ram, but fault to run at external ram in which all settings are same(only different address). How to solve this hard fault?

Screenshot from 2021-08-30 20-30-08.png

0 Kudos

zhongshen
Contributor III

Yes, the flashloader can work fine. But when I change the flashloader image with dac_adc(demo in sdk with link to lower ram) image. I met the same problem. Is it any special setting in IDE?

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

You must use same linker settings.

jingpan_0-1629859459312.png

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

zhongshen
Contributor III

I used mcuxpresso ide to build a new project, and copy bootloader_run and bootloader_cleanup functions from flashloader_loader project. And then I can use it to run dac_adc sdk demo(link to lower ram) at ram.

I have another problem: as the maps-k64 board have 2MB sram, and I reconfigured it (flexbus) at 0x80000000, link to run dac_adc demo at lower ram(0x1fff0000), I hope to run it at 0x80000000, but the chip will reset when to jmp to 0x80000000 entry. Is it impossible to run program at off-chip sram? 

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Yes, I think it can. But you must initialize FlexBus and copy code correctly.

0 Kudos