Why is 'Build' greyed out on a project created in Config Tools and imported into IDE?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is 'Build' greyed out on a project created in Config Tools and imported into IDE?

richardgagliard
Contributor I

This is a rookie question but I can't seem to find the answer so I'll ask the question:

Background:

I've got a KL02Z16 type of chip and build an SDK for it from the website. I installed that into the IDE and it looks like there were no issues there. I used the Config Tools app to set the pin descriptions and all and built the project in the Project Generator tab selecting 'MCUXpresso IDE' for the toolchain and 'Baremetal' for the RTOS. No problems so far. Finally, in the IDE app I selected the 'Import project(s) from file system...' and imported the generated project. 

Issue:

While it looks like the code is correct, the 'Build' selection is greyed out.. What am I missing?

I've attached screenshots of the IDE and Config Tool windows in case that helps someone see my mistake.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello  Richard,

I suppose maybe there is some mistake when importing project in to MCUXpresso IDE.

Please have a look at the detail steps on “MCUXpresso_Getting_Started.pdf” ->

6.7.1 MCUXpresso IDE

Also I take a video about how to do it , please check my attachment ,  you can refer to .

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

richardgagliard
Contributor I

Forgot to reply. Thanks so much for the help. Managed to get past that and I'm busy making and finding software errors. :-)

0 Kudos