Where can I find Metering SDK for KM34Z256xxx7?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find Metering SDK for KM34Z256xxx7?

Nobis1
Contributor II

Hello,
I am currently trying to set up an energy measurement with the KM34Z256xxx7. (currently still on an EVAL board TRW-KM34Z75M).
I am forced to switch from the IAR EW to the MCUXpresso IDE.

Now I am looking for a SKD for my processor where I can find a metering example.

For the IAR EW exists example code with the corresponding configuration tool, here the link:
https://www.nxp.com/products/sensors/accelerometers/single-phase-metering:SINGLE-PHASE-METER#Design-...

There you can get example code and the needed configuration tools, but only for the IAR EW.

On the "MCUXpresso SDK Builder" page I have already searched.
https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com

There I found my processor as well as the EVAL board and downloaded the corresponding SDKs and installed them in MCUXpresso.

Nobis1_1-1632210763028.png

However, they do not contain any sample code for the metering application.

In the SDK for the processor KM35Z256xxx7 there is the metering application, but this does not work for my processor / EVAL board.

Nobis1_2-1632210854863.png

Is there a SDK for my processor where this metering application is included, possibly also with the configuration tool?

Could the SDK for the KM35 also be used with the KM34, provided that the settings for it are not too extensive?

Could someone help me in this matter or give me a hint?

Used SDKs:

Nobis1_0-1632210626456.png

Used IDE:
MCUXpresso Version 11.4

Used board:
TRW-KM34Z75M
https://www.nxp.com/design/development-boards/tower-development-boards/mcu-and-processor-modules/kin...

5 Replies

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Nobis1  and @florianhumblot 

I have been checking with our team .

At this moment, there  is no other  KM34 MCUXpresso SDK with metering examples integrated. We are , checking with SW team  regarding the peripheral driver tool support plan for KM34Z256. So I will come back to you again as soon I get more info. 

My suggestion to quickly   evaluate  the metering examples; is to change KM35 SDK MCU settings to the KM34 and adapt Pins to your design, if needed.

Then my second recommendation ,   for your new  custom application projects , is to  take the KM35 SDK Metering libraries and integrate them in to your new KM34 projects. 

Additionally as   AN12847 KM35Z512 Migration Guide mentions , The  KM35  have different memory size and extra peripherals in comparison to the KM34.    As my review goes , several of the KM34 SDK changes listed on Table 8 of the AN , have been made with release 2.10.0.

Do not hesitate to let me know if you still have more questions.

Diego. 

Nobis1
Contributor II

@diego_charles , @florianhumblot 

Thank you very much for your reply.
If something exists for the KM34, I would be happy if you could inform me/us here.

I will try to realize my function with the KM35 using the program code for the metering function.

Can the configuration file (Meterlib_cfg) also be created with the configuration tool from the KM35 for the KM34?

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Many thanks for your patience . We have been checking internally  , and below is our feedback:

SW team did not plan to add support of TWR-KM34Z75M/MKM34Z256xxx7 in Peripherals tool, but it is under consideration for SDK maintenance cycle.

So,   as Peripheral support for  the KM34 is under consideration, we can not  provide guarantees here. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. However as both KM34 and KM35 share  similar peripherals , you may check peripherals tool generated code as reference for your KM34 project. 

And regarding your last question ,  unfortunately , the KM35  MCUXpresso Config tools do not support the functionalities provided by the Filter Based Metering Algorithms Configuration tool. 

Do not hesitate to let me know if you still have more inquiries. 

Diego. 

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you for contacting us!

I am currently checking with our team about your inquiries  and I will get back to you as soon as I can. 

Thank you!

Diego

0 Kudos

florianhumblot
Contributor II

The same goes for the peripheral configurator, the peripheral configuration tool is also missing for the MKM34Z256xxx7 which is absolutely infuriating. How can *the* chip recommended for certain designs be missing these tools?

florianhumblot_0-1632319441175.png

0 Kudos