Where can I download SDK2.0 for FRDM-K64F?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I download SDK2.0 for FRDM-K64F?

guoshengw
Contributor II

pastedImage_1.png

When I using SDK Builder,  SDK version is always KSDK2.2.0,  but I want to use KSDK2.0, how to change the version of SDK?

5 Replies

geoffs
Contributor I

I'd also vote for restoring the ability to select a specific version of KSDK from the SDK builder.  There have been several other posts requesting this functionality (eg SDK Builder no longer provides SDK Version option. Hard-coded to latest.  and https://community.nxp.com/thread/450775 ).  For working with existing projects, it is important to be able to retrieve a known version of SDK.  If the SDK builder defaults to the latest version, but allows the user to explicitly select an older version, that would be great.

0 Kudos

guoshengw
Contributor II

The reason why I am looking for version 2.0 of the FRDM-K64F SDK is running bubble demo in SDK2.2.0 is not same as in SDK2.0, in SDK2.0, the RGB LED ON/OFF normally, but is always OFF in SDK2.2.0.

0 Kudos

Jmart
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Guosheng,

The SDK builder in MCUXpresso will always provide you the latest SDK for the selected silicon. This will ensure that you have the most up-to-date middleware and drivers for your target device.

Is there a particular reason why you're looking for version 2.0 of the FRDM-K64F SDK? Was there specific functionality that existed in 2.0 that was removed in 2.2.0?

0 Kudos

ErichLoew
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

KSDK2_0 is hidden deep inside of a specific sub-directory; example: C:\ProgramData\NXP\mcu_data_v14\processors\LPC55S69\ksdk2_0.

When creating with SDK Builder a SDK this is not constructing ksdk2_0. I guess it is imported from some server behind the covers.

Now the problem: a release builds with a certain ksdk incarnation.

Combining a release just with the LATEST ksdk is hence a NOGO, because likely the outcome is binary different.

So my Q's:

1. How to re-create an older ksdk2_0? Is "MCUXpresso Config tools" the right tool chain for re-creating ksdk2_0 et al?

2. Is there somewhere a ksdk2_0 archive server hosting all existing versions? 

0 Kudos

lucasrangit
Contributor III

Jmart‌, I also need to download previous KSDK version to rebuild a legacy project. I cannot upgrade the project to the latest KSDK without significant risk.

The previous SDK Builder UI had the option to specify the SDK version. Is it possible to bring that back?

Thanks!

0 Kudos