cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What tools are used to program the MK10DX256VLH7?,

toddheckleman
Contributor II

Hi everyone,

This is a hard question that may not have an answer.  

How do you setup MCUXpresso to program a MK10DX256VLH7?   

We are trying to port MK02 code to a MK10DX256VLH7 and there appears to be no way to even program the device let alone port code to it.   I find this hard to believe and NXP would not allow this to happen.   Talk about code protection, LOL. 

We designed in a  MK10DX256VLH7 and now it appears that we are stuck. 

Any comments, suggestions, opinions would greately be appreciated.   

Thank you for your time and any help you can provide. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
10 Replies

ivekengineer
Contributor III

I have the same question.  I'm at the end of a design that uses this same part and just realized that there does not appear to be an MCUXpresso SDK for the device.  I see that I can use KDS, but I really want to use MCUXpresso and all of the config tools that I am familiar with using (which I use for another design that uses a KV58).  I don't want to jump up to the similar 100Mhz device which has an SDK because I want to stick with 64-LQFP rather than the 80-LQFP.  I haven't ordered PCBs yet so I can change, but it will be painful.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ivekengineer,

What's the chip you are using now?

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

ivekengineer
Contributor III

MK10DX256VLH7

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ivekengineer,

The same situation as todd.

MK10DX256VLH7  is not in the MCUXpress IDE support list, MK10DX256VLH7  is a little older, so maybe you still need to use the KDS or the Codewarrior. The new SDK also can't support this part number.

About the sample code, you can refer to the K20 72M code:

TWR-K20D72M Labs and Code Examples

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

ivekengineer
Contributor III

I would like to use a newer part that is fully supported in MCUXpresso.  I can't seem to find a good substitute that has the 16-bit ADCs with PGAs in a 64 pin package.  I did find a MK10DN512VLK10 which has what I need in an 80-pin package and is supported by MCUXpresso.  However, the SDK is only at rev level 2.2 whereas newer devices are up to 2.5.  Are there plans to provide a newer version SDK for this device?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ivkengineer,

I highly suggest you create a new kinetis question post, then we will help you to select a new chip which can be supported in the MCUXpresso IDE.

Don't follow other's question post, especially the closed case.

After you create your own question post, we will reply you directly in your own question post, thanks a lot for your understanding.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi todd heckleman,

1, IDE

You can use the MDK, IAR, MCUXpresso IDE

2. debugger or program tool

You can use the opensda, P&E Multilink, JLINK ect.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about, please kindly let me know.
Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

toddheckleman
Contributor II

Thank you Kerry, 

The IDE is tricky, MCUXpresso does not support the MK10DX256VLH7 as far as we have found. Do you have the SDK or a way to have MCUXpresso to program the MK10DX256VLH7?   How would you go about this? 

Look forward to your reply 

Todd

On Monday, April 8, 2019, 11:20:54 PM EDT, kerryzhou <admin@community.nxp.com> wrote:

|

NXP Community

|

Re: What tools are used to program the MK10DX256VLH7?,

reply from Kerry Zhou in MCUXpresso SDK - View the full discussion

Hi todd heckleman,

1, IDE

You can use the MDK, IAR, MCUXpresso IDE

2. debugger or program tool

You can use the opensda, P&E Multilink, JLINK ect.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,

Kerry

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi todd,

You are right! MK10DX256VLH7  is not in the MCUXpress IDE support list, MK10DX256VLH7  is a little older, so maybe you still need to use the KDS or the Codewarrior. The new SDK also can't support this part number.

About the sample code, you can refer to the K20 72M code:

TWR-K20D72M Labs and Code Examples

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos

toddheckleman
Contributor II

Hi All, 

Thank you for all the help so far.   

I down loaded latest KDS version and I still need to create the SDK for the MK10DX256VLH7 by going to MCUXpresso site.  The SDK online tool does not support the part.   

What version of KDS should I be using and is there a tool that can support the creation of the SDK file for this part? 

Is there documentation to create an SDK files for MCUXpresso tools ?

How was the first SDK for MK10DX256VLH7 created and will an old version of SDK work on newer versions of KDS and MCUXpressio?

The K02 has support for the 64 pin package,  but does not have EEprom internally.   May be that would be a viable part for you ivekengineer for our current situation? 

Have a great day 

Todd

0 Kudos