Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find valid manifest files in SDI SDI_2_14_0_LPC5504.zip

Jump to solution
MartinHo
Contributor IV

Hi,

It seems that the V2.14.00 SDK for the LPC5504 is broken.

Can somebody fix this?

Martin

0 Kudos
1 Solution
brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Martin,

Are you using MCUXpresso IDE? We did a major rework of the manifest files in order to support Open CMSIS Packs and some other new features, and this means you will need version 11.8 of the IDE to use SDK 2.14. Unfortunately we have had some issues with deployment of IDE 11.8, so for the moment please stay with SDK 2.13.x or older releases. We are working hard to get the new IDE in place.

Other tools (IAR, Keil and VS Code) should be working correctly.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Martin,

Are you using MCUXpresso IDE? We did a major rework of the manifest files in order to support Open CMSIS Packs and some other new features, and this means you will need version 11.8 of the IDE to use SDK 2.14. Unfortunately we have had some issues with deployment of IDE 11.8, so for the moment please stay with SDK 2.13.x or older releases. We are working hard to get the new IDE in place.

Other tools (IAR, Keil and VS Code) should be working correctly.

MartinHo
Contributor IV

Hi Brendon,

Yes I'm using MCUXpresso 11.7.1 (the latest version available to me).

I understand that some times there are delay's on releasing SW, but it would be nice if You warn us Users of problems like this so we use less time to figure out why it’s not working, as You know time is money!

Martin

brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos
brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Indeed you are right Martin - we are looking at how we can better alert customers about SDK version alignment with tools. Unforunately we had a bit of a perfect storm of issues this time. We apologize for your lost time on this. 

0 Kudos
PhilV
Contributor III

I've just lost time on this same issue; build and tried to install a 2.14 SDK only for the IDE to tell me that it cannot load the manifest, and that the SDK is either not for mcuXpresso, or mcuXpresso is not up to date.

Of course my first reaction to this was within the IDE, "Help" --> "Check for updates", only to be told that there are no updates available.

This is now 3 weeks after the other posts in this thread...
surely it would be less headache for all involved if either the SDK builder stopped building incompatible SDKs, or else at least the "Check for updates" in the IDE picked up the new IDE?

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @MartinHo 

How about download again next day, or which IDE do you used, I help to download.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos