Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Freezes on KL26

Jump to solution
danielebruno
Contributor III

Hi,

I have a custom board with MKL26Z256VLH4 and I'm working with the latest version of its SDK (v2.4.1).

I have exactly the same problem posted with this title "K22 USB device CDC and HID problem"

https://community.nxp.com/t5/MCUXpresso-SDK/K22-USB-device-CDC-and-HID-problem/m-p/817565

My application is similar; the only difference is that my USB device is simpler, infact it is only an HID without CDCs as in the above-mentioned post.

This post suggests a possible solution modifying USB_DeviceHidSend and USB_DeviceHidRecv functions.

The functions in my KL26 SDK are the same of those in the v2.4.1 of K22 SDK.

Analyzing the build of the next K22 SDK (v2.5.0), the two functions has been modified in a different mode compared to the one indicated in the post.

In the last K22 SDK (v2.8.2) the two functions has been modified again returning equal to the v2.4.1 of K22 SDK.

What is the reason for this regression ?

There is an official solution from NXP for the KL26 microcontroller ?

Thank you in advance for your attention.

Best regards,

Daniele

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Daniele,

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please specify which section of the functions are you referring to. I have checked between the versions you mention and between 2.5 and 2.8.2 of the FRDM-k22 I do not see any difference. The different file out of the three is the SDK version 2.4.1. Where "hidHandle->interruptOutPipeBusy = 1U;" is insider the Interrupt Out Pipe Stall if-statement. 

If you change this line to match the new versions does it fix the behavior you are experiencing?

Best Regards,

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Daniele,

Hope you are doing well.

Could you please specify which section of the functions are you referring to. I have checked between the versions you mention and between 2.5 and 2.8.2 of the FRDM-k22 I do not see any difference. The different file out of the three is the SDK version 2.4.1. Where "hidHandle->interruptOutPipeBusy = 1U;" is insider the Interrupt Out Pipe Stall if-statement. 

If you change this line to match the new versions does it fix the behavior you are experiencing?

Best Regards,

Sabina

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
danielebruno
Contributor III

Hello Sabina.

I changed this line to match the new version and the problem is solved !

Thank you.

Best regards,

Daniele.

0 Kudos
danielebruno
Contributor III

Hi,

I have a custom board with MKL26Z256VLH4 and I'm working with the latest version of its SDK (v2.4.1).

I have exactly the same problem posted with this title "K22 USB device CDC and HID problem"

https://community.nxp.com/t5/MCUXpresso-SDK/K22-USB-device-CDC-and-HID-problem/m-p/817565

My application is similar; the only difference is that my USB device is simpler, infact it is only an HID without CDCs as in the above-mentioned post.

This post suggests a possible solution modifying USB_DeviceHidSend and USB_DeviceHidRecv functions.

Analyzing the build of the next K22 SDK (v2.5.0), the two functions has been modified in a different mode compared to the one indicated in the post.

In the last K22 SDK (v2.8.2) the two functions has been modified again returning equal to the v2.4.1 of K22 SDK.

Best regards,

Daniele

0 Kudos
danielebruno
Contributor III

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem posted with this title "K22 USB device CDC and HID problem"

In the last K22 SDK (v2.8.2) the two functions has been modified again returning equal to the v2.4.1 of K22 SDK.

Best regards,

Daniele

0 Kudos