Trying to build SDK with MCUXpresso IDE support

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to build SDK with MCUXpresso IDE support

petekockritz
Contributor II

I've installed MCUXpresso IDE v10.3.1 [Build 2233] [2019-02-20]. I'm trying to get an SDK_2.5.0 for use with the iMX8MM for it. When I build an SDK for it, for the toolchain options it only shows GCC ARM and IAR Embedded (or all). It does not show MCUExpresso IDE as an option. How do I build a SDK that I can install into my MCUExpresso IDE?

Tags (1)
4 Replies

miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Well, please note that MCUXpresso IDE is not supported by the SDK of i.MX8MM. (none of the i.MX8 SDKs variants are supported by MCUXpresso). It is just supported by IAR and GCC, so, please use those versions. The documentation and build options from the SDK Builder will be updated soon, please accept our apologies for any inconveniences about this.

benjamincanton
Contributor II

Hello.

I have the same problem with the SDK for EVK-MCIMX7ULP.

MCUXpresso IDE v10.3.1 let import SDK´s from boards wiches include the option for MCUXPRESSO IDE in combo of 'toolchain / IDE', but with my board and I see Pete´s board.... What can we do? 

0 Kudos

petekockritz
Contributor II

Here's what I see for the Toolchain/IDE options in the SDK builder.

MCUXpresso-SDK-builder.png

petekockritz
Contributor II

When I build an SDK with 'all toolchains' and try to load it in MCUXpress, I get this error:

The SDK 'SDK_2.x_MIMX8MM5xxxLZ' does not contain any MCUXpresso IDE compatible toolchain