TWR-K60F120M SDK download - not an option

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-K60F120M SDK download - not an option

fullbandwidth
Contributor I

From the MCUXpresso SDK downlink page, it asks me to select my dev board - but TWR-K60F120M is not an option. If I select TWR-K64F120M, will the resulting SDK work with my dev board?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Austin:

MCUXpresso SDK not supports TWR-K60F120M board.  SDK for TWR-K64F120M can not work with your dev board.

For twr-k60f120m, you can use bare metal or MQX 4.2 for development.

TWR-K60F120M|Tower System Board|Kinetis MCUs|NXP 

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

fullbandwidth
Contributor I

Thanks Daniel. What is the timeframe for SDK support for TWR_K60F120M in MCUXpresso? Seems like without that support, if I have to use bare metal or generic M4, it's a step backwards from using Kinetis Design Studio.  I want to use the latest software development tools and the most complete development environment for my K60F development, but it's not clear to me which NXP product is appropriate.

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

MCUXpresso supports TWR-K60D100M.

But no plan to support TWR-K60F120M. Now the supported IDEs for this board are:  codewarrior, keil. KDS. IAR.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

fullbandwidth
Contributor I

OK Thanks Daniel. Would you please provide the link to the KDS project(s) for this board, I was only able to find projects for CW, Keil and IAR. Thinking CW is Eclipse-based, I tried to import that project but was unsuccessful. I need some basic project to start with - even hello world or blinking LED or something. There are plenty of source code examples out there but without a project and startup code it's difficult to get a build.

Best Wishes,

Stuart

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can download MQX 4.2 package, you can get the hello world project for TWR-K60F120M with KDS support.

Learn to use MQX|NXP 

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stuart,

other than the MQX projects, you can use for example Processor Expert with/without FreeRTOS. I have example projects for this on GitHub here:

mcuoneclipse/Examples/KDS/TWR-K60F120M at master · ErichStyger/mcuoneclipse · GitHub 

with a related article:

USB with the TWR-K60F120M and TWR-K70F120M | MCU on Eclipse 

And because the K60 was one of the early Kinetis devices: make sure you have a read of the errata, as depending on the mask/silicon revision examples have to implement workarounds.

I hope this helps,

Erich