Did you mean: 

Simplest Project for LPC51U68 under SDK 2.9.0 is NOT simple

conradkwok
Contributor II

This is the simplest project I can created for LPC51U68 using SDK 2.9.0
o Operating Systems = baremetal
o None selected for all other components
o Deselected "Include semihost HardFault handler"
and the result (see below) is that a lot of files included including 3 large components.

It is not like this in SDK 2.8.2 or before or when I am using other MCU (e.g. LPC5411x). Any way to create a simple project?

Screenshot 2021-05-18 162753.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

Hope you are well. The suggested way to create a new project is through the new project wizards, you can consult in detail this information at chapter 5 of the MCUXpresso User guide: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide.pdf

The components included by default are the ones needed in order to run a hello world;
removing components may leave unresolved dependencies resulting in a project that will not build.

If you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.
Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

conradkwok
Contributor II

Hi Omar,

I know the reason that a lot of those files being included are due to the inclusion of "fsl_debug_console" but this is NOT included in project generated using SDK 2.8.2 or before.

And my question is whether there is a way to create a simple skeleton project for my own development. My custom board does not even has a serial connection to the outside. The simple skeleton project created in SDK 2.8.2 or before is what I need.

Best regards,

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

Unfortunately these files are by default in the most recent versions.
Any components (OS, driver, utilities, middleware etc.) selected by default will be available for use within the project. However the linker may remove the components supporting functions from the generated image if they are not referenced from within the user’s project code.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you. If you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.
Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos