Semihosting interfering with LPI2C driver?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Semihosting interfering with LPI2C driver?

jackking
Senior Contributor I

I have just uplifted my project to use the latest MCUxpresso SDK version (2.13 for i.MXRT1060).  I was previously using SDK 2.08

It seems that now, quite frequently, when sending debug output via semihosting, the I2C driver will get hung up in the I2C ISR service routines.  This did not happen in the previous version I was using, but there are quite a few differences between the SDK versions, so I'm not sure where to start looking for the cause.

Has anyone seen this issue?

thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies

euginjeyapradee
Contributor II

I have also been facing the same issue here. Control gets stuck in I2C handler when i try to print messages to the console. Were you able to find out the reason or have you been able to resolve the issue

Thanks

Eugin

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

keep in mind that using semihosting is *very* intrusive. If you are doing this during an I2C transfer, I'm not surprised that I2C won't work as expected.

And depending on how you do it, you will easily have a stack overflow too (so add plenty of stack space to your application).

If you really want to use semihosting, I recommend to do use it the 'direct' way, see https://mcuoneclipse.com/2023/03/09/using-semihosting-the-direct-way/

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

euginjeyapradee
Contributor II

That helps. Thank you for your quick response ErichStyger. I appreciate it.

Regards,
Eugin

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

I have not seen that (currently not using RT, but other devices). It might be related to the debug probe you are using?

0 Kudos