Segger JLINK doesn't work properly in MCUXpresso 11.1.1 (with projects)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segger JLINK doesn't work properly in MCUXpresso 11.1.1 (with projects)

m4l490n
Contributor V

I just recently installed MCUXpresso 11.1.1 and have the most recent JLink drivers (6.54c). I'm also using SDK V2.7.0 and a JLINK Base debugger with an FRDM-K64F board.

I'm experiencing problems debugging with the SEGGER Link (Base) debug Probe. I noticed that when I imported the frdmk64f_lwip_mqtt_freertos project to test lwip. The debug session is created and started successfully:

pastedImage_9.png

But then nothing happens when I press Step Over (F6) or Step Into (F5). If I try to stop the debug session pressing the Terminate (Ctrl+F2) button

pastedImage_13.png

It is only "grayed out" and the debugger doesn't respond at this point.

pastedImage_14.png

If I want to really terminate the debug session I have to press the Terminate All Debug sessions button

pastedImage_16.png

Which is not normal. Usually, the debug session is terminated when pressing just the Terminate (Ctrl+F2) button.

I thought that the problem was the Link probe so I imported a simpler project frdmk64f_hello_world, but this time, the debug session worked perfectly fine. I'm able to Step Over (F6) or Step Into (F5) just fine

pastedImage_19.png

I then tried with four more projects, frdmk64f_lwip_httpsrv_freertos, frdmk64f_lwip_httpsrv_bm, frdmk64f_lwip_tcpecho_freertos, and frdmk64f_lwip_tcpecho_bm but I had the same experience, I can't Step Over (F6) or Step Into (F5) on any of them. Another observation is that when I start the debug session, as soon as I press the first F5 or F6, the laptop fan increases speed noticeably.

NOTE: If I start the debug session and I press Resume, instead of single-stepping of stepping over, all of them work fine. The problem is on single-stepping of stepping over which is kind of all the point of debugging.

Has anyone experienced this?

Note 2: Is I use an ARM ULINK2 debugger probe I can single-stepping of stepping over just fine. Everything works like a charm. But I need to use a JLINK.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

adam1
Contributor I

I am having the same issue. It is really annoying. Some times my one will even get into a state where the debugger is stopped and MCUXpresso will not remove the debug session and so I am having to restart the whole IDE to get a new debug session going. Also using a segger j-link

0 Kudos

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Maybe you can use the other IDE to test the same example.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

m4l490n
Contributor V

What other IDE? I have done this also with 11.1.0 and I have the same problem, if that's what you mean

0 Kudos

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You can use the MDK or IAR to test the example. Our  SDK can choose the development environment.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos