SDK 2.7.0 emWin not compiled with OS support?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK 2.7.0 emWin not compiled with OS support?

dariuskellerman
Contributor III

Hello,

when compiling our Software against the latest SDK we're getting undefined references to OS-related emWin functions (undefined reference to `GUITASK_SetMaxTask').

This indicates that the provided library was compiled without OS support (see macro GUI_OS). Is this the case? And if so, is that change on purpose? We require OS support for our application.

Best regards,

Darius

11 Replies

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Darius,

Attached is the emWin v610 library for all toolchains which had enabled OS features. Please use the header files for emWin 610.

Have a great day,
Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dariuskellerman
Contributor III

Hi Felipe,

thank you for your effort! In the meantime, we have integrated the new version. However, we noticed that the code size increased dramatically with this version. Could you check with the SDK team whether they had enabled optimizations for the compilation?

Thank you very much for your ongoing support!

Best regards,

Darius

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Darius,

I have contacted you through email.

Regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Darius,

Just to continue with the follow up. AE team have replicated your issue and reported to the corresponding SDK team. If there is any update I will let you know.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Darius,

I am sorry for my late reply.

Could you please provide the MCU you are working on? Also, please provide the example you are using to reproduce this issue. I'd like to replicate it on my side.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

dariuskellerman
Contributor III

Hello Felipe,

thank you for your reply.

The MCU we are using LPC54608. To get an example, just take any emWin example and call GUITASK_SetMaxTask in there.

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Darius,

You are correct, that function were not implemented in the MCUXpresso SDK. However, in the below thread you could find a way to integrate Amazon-FreeRTOS with emWin that you may find helpful.

Amazon-FreeRTOS with Emwin on LPC54628 

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

dariuskellerman
Contributor III

Hello Felipe,

thank you for the confirmation. Just out of curiosity, why was it removed?

And why does the delivered configuration file not reflect the actual configuration used for compiling the archive?

And when will it be fixed?

Integration is not a problem for us. It works with the old version, but we need the OS support! This is a severe regression.

Best regards,

Darius

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Darius,

Could you please let me know the old version of the SDK you are referring to that you were using with the OS support?

Regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

dariuskellerman
Contributor III

Hi Felipe,

we have been using SDK version 2.4.1 with OS support. I'm unsure whether it was contained in 2.6.0 as we have mostly skipped that version.

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Darius,

I have replicated your issue on my side and confirm that the SDK 2.7.0 was not compiled with OS support. The SDK 2.4.1 compiled correctly exactly as you mentioned. I have contacted applications team to report this, whenever I have any update I will let you know.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos