SAI driver missing from MK22FN1M0AVLH12 SDK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAI driver missing from MK22FN1M0AVLH12 SDK

scottm
Senior Contributor II

I'm continuing my effort to port a large project to the latest SDK, and I've found that the SAI driver is missing entirely from the MK22FN1M0AVLH12 SDK package.  It's there for the MK21, but it's not an option for the MK22.  I'll copy it over, but this really makes me wonder what the package management system is for if everything has to be done manually anyway.

Other discoveries for this morning include:  FTM driver has no option to enable the channel DMA flag.  FTM driver can set the modulo value, but the example inexplicably accesses the register directly and doesn't even use the SDK.  The clock gating controls (e.g., CLOCK_EnableClock) aren't documented at all.  There's no function to flush the UART FIFO.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Scott:

Thank you for your good suggestions. I issued an internal ticket to the develop team.

Please be kindly noted that for Frdm-k22 and some other parts, current version is 2.5.0.      Version 2.6.0 will be released in June.

For MK22FN1M0, current sdk version is 2.3.1.  it will be not included in SDK 2.6 or future release.  Customer can take the Frdm-k22 as a reference.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

scottm
Senior Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

Is there a product road map somewhere that'll tell me which parts are deprecated, which ones are new, and which ones are going to be supported for a while?  I originally chose the MK22FN1M0AVLH12 not knowing that the MK22FN512 was actually a newer generation - the part number suggests it's the same part with a different memory configuration, but I'm told the MK22FN1M0 actually belongs to the MK21 family.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Scott:

Yes, MK22FN1M0 is derived from MK21.

Sorry I don't have such an roadmap on hand.   But when you select development board, the name of the sdk is SDK_2.5.0_XX, see picture below, the MCU will be continued in future SDK.  otherwise, some old versions like 2.3 or earlier will not be included in future release until one big customer requests it.

pastedImage_1.png

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos