cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RC522 RFID Library in C for MCUXpresso? - LPC845

Jump to solution
jmullen_condose
Contributor III

I am looking to implement a basic RC522 RFID tag reader on an LPC845 board, via SPI communication. I found many older Arduino libraries that are in C++, then eventually found one 'translated' to C at https://github.com/luisfg30/rfid 

This is listed as "LPCOpen compatible C library to be used with the NXP MFRC522 RFID module" - sounds perfect. Unfortunately, it has lots of references to functions that are not part of the MCUXpresso SDK v2.8.0 or in the included Drivers.

For example, "Chip_SSP_DATA_SETUP_T" or “SSP_FRAMEFORMAT_SPI” are referenced in the project, but there is no such thing in the modern SDK, indeed no references to "SSP" (SPI it seems!?) at all.

Therefore,

1) Do you know of an updated library in C for development of simple RFID for MCUXpresso projects using the current SDKs?

2) Alternately, are there some steps to allow using the LPCOpen code modules in my LPC845 project, which relies on the SDK for everything else it is doing? I looked around and cannot find a tutorial or steps on how to do this. The LPCOpen page simply recommends using new SDK for LCP800 projects, although it has some legacy code for LPC812, I cannot see how to use it in my project.

Fingers crossed that there exists a current, modern library I can import that has somehow eluded me so far.
Cheers!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Unfortunately as the device is not recommended recommended for new designs we do not have more information but the one in the public we page. We have some examples for some LPC's and other Kinetis files for the recommended products CLRC663 plus.

Sorry but those are the only elements we have available.

The APIs you are referring to is that the example is made with LPCOpen and there is the need to migrate the drivers to the SDK. Remember that the MFRC522 is a front end, so it receives commands sent through SPI in this case,

Regards,

Estephania

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Unfortunately as the device is not recommended recommended for new designs we do not have more information but the one in the public we page. We have some examples for some LPC's and other Kinetis files for the recommended products CLRC663 plus.

Sorry but those are the only elements we have available.

The APIs you are referring to is that the example is made with LPCOpen and there is the need to migrate the drivers to the SDK. Remember that the MFRC522 is a front end, so it receives commands sent through SPI in this case,

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos
franciskumar2001
Contributor I

Hi,

Could share the i2c supported rc522 rfid library on LPCEXpresso.

Thanks,

Anil 

0 Kudos
mail8
Contributor II

Hi @franciskumar2001 I would be very interested in the library could you please send it to me?

Best regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos