cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with adding LWIP to an MCUXpresso Project

andrew_walsh
Contributor II

Hello,

We have an existing project, running on a IMXRT1052DVL6B on our own PCB (using IDE v10.3.1 build 2233 and SDK v2.5.0). I've tried importing LWIP from the MCUXpresso SDK into this project, because we now have a need for TCP/IP communications.

First, I could not select LWIP in the "Manage SDK Components" dialog. So, I then tried to copying the LWIP folder manually into our source folder (refreshing the project in MCUXpresso and manually adding the include paths. When I attempted to build the project, this resulted in some surprising errors, which I don't currently understand (please see the attached, copied from the MCUXpresso build output).

I then did some more research, and found, in this forum, that not being able to import LWIP from "Manage SDK Components" is a known problem with the 2.5.0 SDK. So I upgraded to v2.5.1 and I found I *could* import LWIP using the dialog, but it still failed to build in the same way.

Any ideas as to what could be happening here? And what we could do to work around it?

Best regards,

Andrew.

4 Replies

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andrew, 

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get LWIP running on your project. 

Best regards, 

Victor 

0 Kudos

andrew_walsh
Contributor II

Further to the post, the errors seem to occur where ever <iostream> or <iomanip> is included in our source files (the error messages are all in the system header <error_constants.h>, which is at the end of nested "chain" of includes starting with one of the above headers).

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andrew Walsh, 

Are you working with C++? I made some tests on my side and I was unable to reproduce the behavior that you mentioned. I took the example gpt_timer from the SDK 2.6.1 and added lwip to it using "Manage SDK components", I was able to compile the project without any problems. After that, I repeated the same steps, but before adding lwip to the project I included the stdio library (which is the equivalent of iostream on C) in my source files and I didn't face any problems either. Are you able to reproduce this behavior with the newest version of the SDK? 

Regards, 

Victor

0 Kudos

andrew_walsh
Contributor II

Hello Victor,

Thanks for responding, and sorry for the delay of my reply.

We are using C++, and I got LWIP building and running a little while ago, now - unfortunately, I can't remember exactly what I did. I'm sorry I didn't update this thread.

Best regards,

Andrew.