cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUexpresso SDK builder not compatible with KDS 3.2

przemekbielak
Contributor I

Hello,

I want to create a new project for TWR-KV58F220M board (MKV58F1M0VLQ24 processor).

After configuring and downloading the package from MCUexpresso (it created package SDK_2.2_MKV58F1M0xxx24) and trying to create a new project in Kinetis Design Studio 3.2, there are two kinds of errors:

1) the downloaded SDK is not recognized during new project wizard - when I don't select RTOS support in MCUexpresso. If RTOS support is selected, the SDK is recognized, but I have the second kind of error.

2) the downloaded SDK is recognized during new project wizard, however I can't add any new component in processor expert.

Could you please help me with this issue? Am i missing some important steps during project setup?

Best regards,

Przemek

0 Kudos
5 Replies

przemekbielak
Contributor I

Hi Alice,

Which SDK version is compatible with this board? 1.x or 2.x?

When I download SDK 1.2 from this site: Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|NXP , then everything seems to be working fine.

When I download SDK from SDK builder (probably SDK 2.2) and create a new 2.x project:

Screenshot from 2017-09-17 12-29-49.png

when I right click on any element - for example ADC, the option 'add to project' is grayed out and can't be chosen.

You mentioned that processor expert is not included in SDK 2.X. In that case which SDK is still supported for this processor, which is newer? 1.x or 2.x? Also, was processor expert replaced by some other code generator, or is this option just missing from SDK 2.x?

Thank you for your help,

Best regards,

Przemek

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Przemek,

1.  KSDK2.x (it also named MCUXpresso SDK) is the new one.  Only the KSDKv1.x(the latest one is KSDKv1.3) support

Processor Expert.

2. The MCUXpresso Config Tools replaced PE, MCUXpresso Config Tools|NXP  

While it now only support pin configure and clock configure, the Peripherals tool haven't release.

pastedImage_6.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

przemekbielak
Contributor I

Hi Alice,

In SDK builder I have selected the correct Toochain, OS and SDK version, so I think the problem has to lie somewhere else.

pastedImage_1.png

Bests, Przemek

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Przemek,

Sorry I haven't install Linux system, so can't test it . Could you take a screenshot to show SDK is not recognized during new project wizard .

And about this "2) the downloaded SDK is recognized during new project wizard, however I can't add any new component in processor expert.", do you meaning the Processor Expert like KSDK v1.x ? The KSDKv2.x doesn't

includes Processor Expert .  If not , also please take a screenshot to show which Processor Expert.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Przemek,

If you want to use MCUXpresso SDK on KDS IDE, please choose KDS toolchain when download  SDK:

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos