MCUXpresso SDK / Config Tool for LPC4088?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso SDK / Config Tool for LPC4088?

bmcdonnell_ionx
Contributor III

Is there an SDK for the LPC4088 / LPC40XX / LPC4000 family? Is the MCUXpresso Config Tool supposed to work with them?

From what I gather (such as from this thread LPC4370), for all LPC micros besides the LPC54000 family, the only code examples / drivers / middleware / etc. that NXP offers is the LPCOpen examples; we're *not* supposed to use the MCUXpresso Config Tool, and we're unable to generate an SDK for them. Is this correct?

If I am correct, please update your resource documentation and links. For instance, the page linked below for an LPC4088-based board links to the MCUXpresso Config Tool and SDK in the "Software and Tools" / "Software Development Kits" section. That is misleading; I wasted time looking at, installing, and experimenting with those tools.

Quickstart Board for LPC4088|NXP 

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

bmcdonnell_ionx
Contributor III

OK, thanks for the info.

Please update your resource documentation and links. For instance, the page linked above for an LPC4088-based board links to the MCUXpresso Config Tool and SDK in the "Software and Tools" / "Software Development Kits" section. That is misleading; I wasted time looking at, installing, and experimenting with those tools, and I can't be the only one. Product pages (e.g. LPC40xx) should not link to resources that can't be used with them (e.g. MCUXpresso Config Tools or MCUXpresso SDK).

Also, there is a lot of documentation that refers only to older processors, and it's not clear whether or when it applies to newer ones. Some clarification in your online and offline documentation would be helpful here, too. (Not just here in this thread.)

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi  Brendan.

Thanks. I will check it.

In addition, I would suggest you check

MCUXpresso Supported Devices Table 

the document of this link is regularly updated.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

for LPC4088 / LPC40XX / LPC4000 family, we recommend IDE is MCUXpresso. Our recommend SDK is LPCOpen.

For the moment , there is no plan to produce MCUXpresso SDK for LPC4088 / LPC40XX / LPC4000.

Here is a document of How to create a new LPC project using LPCOpen and MCUXpresso IDE

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-334959 

Hope this helps.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos