cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUX 11.5 - Bug in pin configuration GUI for K32L

Jump to solution
dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

I'm developing a project for the K32L2A4 (specifically, the K32L2A41VLH1A 64-LQFP).  I'm using the latest MCUX 11.5 and the latest SDK (2.11.0) for the FRDM-K32L4A2S.

I have found that when I am selecting and configuring pins in the Pins configuration menu, when I start setting some GPIO directions to "Output" from "Not Specified", this causes the tool to flag unrelated pin functions as improperly configured.  Example -- here I have just assigned a group of GPIOs as outputs, and several other pins are now flagged in orange.

strange_io_directions_1.png

When I flip to the functional group that contains those orange pins, here's what I see.

strange_io_directions_2.png

The workaround is simply to save the MEX file, exit MCUX, and reload MCUX.  When you return to the Pins screen, all pins appear green and no pin-specific problems are displayed.

David R.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know this, I will notify the corresponding team to evaluate fixed in further versions.

Regards,

Pavel_Hernandez

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello drodgers

In order to help you could you upload the .mex please. For have the same configuration, I tried but I don’t see the same case.

Regards 

Pavel_Hernandez

0 Kudos
dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

Attached.  This is my complete configuration.

0 Kudos
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello drodgers

I review your information. These warnings pop up If you change the default parameters from special IO functions (I2C,UART,etc).

With the [.mex] file I opened with the Config tool standalone and all is green.

MicrosoftTeams-image (1).png

When I import to the MCUXpress shows all in red.

MicrosoftTeams-image (3).png

I have and observation are you selecting the right uC ?, because there are different package.

Regards,
Pavel_Hernandez

0 Kudos
dmarks_ls
Senior Contributor I

We are using the 64-pin VLH package in our product, not the 100-pil VLL package on the FRDM kit.

0 Kudos
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know this, I will notify the corresponding team to evaluate fixed in further versions.

Regards,

Pavel_Hernandez

0 Kudos