cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LwIP init with wifi

biafra
Senior Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a custom board using RT1064, MCUXpresso 11.6.0 and SDK 2.12.0.

In my board a Ublox Lily W132 wifi module is mounted.

In my application the wifi module have to be activated on user request; I've read the application example wifisetup that can be used as a starting point for my wifi handling.

My problem is that the main connection network is ethernet that is initialized at the beginning of the program. The tcpip_init() function is called at the early stage of the application and the wifi module needs to be initialized later on user request. Even inside the initialization function of the wifi module there is a call to the tcpip_init() function, so there is a conflict on the function calling.

How can I handle this application?

Many thanks

Biafra

1 Reply

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for your time and contacting NXP support.

I understand that in your application requirement is needed to have the initialization of the wifi module on a request instead of the way is currently implemented.

Can you please help me with an example you are currently using for a reference. Also on a previous SDK version (wifi_cli example), the tcpip_it() is called on the net_ipv4stack_init() and is not been called on another place. Please let me know if this information was useful, I would be happy to assist you.