Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPUART driver usage

Jump to solution
gschelotto
Contributor V

Hi,

I need to implement a simple binary communication using LPUART driver provided by MKL27 SDK v2.2.6. The example frdmkl27z_lpuart_interrupt_transfer works fine but is written to receive a fixed-size frame of 8 characters and my application have to be capable to receive a variable-size chunk of bytes.

I would like not to reinvent the wheel (again). Is there a driver example with a similar implementation to adapt it to my needs?

Thanks in advance,
gaston

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gaston Schelotto ,

In fact, SDK just give you an example, for the detail usage, it is determined by your application.

You said  you need receive a variable-size chunk of bytes, you totally can use the UART idle function to realize.

pastedImage_2.png

Our FAE has shared one technical experience about it, it is the KL26 code, but you can refer to it.

This is the code download link:

http://files.chinaaet.com/files/blog/2015/06/15/KL26%20UART%20Packet%20DMA%20Test.zip 

You can check the source code and refer to it.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Gaston Schelotto ,

In fact, SDK just give you an example, for the detail usage, it is determined by your application.

You said  you need receive a variable-size chunk of bytes, you totally can use the UART idle function to realize.

pastedImage_2.png

Our FAE has shared one technical experience about it, it is the KL26 code, but you can refer to it.

This is the code download link:

http://files.chinaaet.com/files/blog/2015/06/15/KL26%20UART%20Packet%20DMA%20Test.zip 

You can check the source code and refer to it.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
gschelotto
Contributor V

Hi Kerry,

Thanks. This code is useful to understand UART operation using interrupts and without SDK.

regards,
gaston

0 Kudos