LPI2C Driver Required: 2.1.5, actual: 2.2.0. in SDK 2.9?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPI2C Driver Required: 2.1.5, actual: 2.2.0. in SDK 2.9?

bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

I'm using MCUExpresso Rev 11.3.0 with SDK2.9 for the K32L2A41VLH1A.

What exactly is this warning trying to tell me?

That I need to find a old LPI2C driver?

2.1.5 is required by what?

Issue: Unsupported version of the LPI2C Driver in the toolchain/IDE project. Required: 2.1.5, actual: 2.2.0. Project might not compile correctly.

Level: Warning
Type: Validation
Tool: Toolchain/IDE project
Origin: Peripherals
Target: Toolchain/IDE project: core0
Resource: platform.drivers.lpi2c

0 Kudos
5 Replies

bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

It was right-clicking in the config-tool to install the driver that brought up that warning.

Try LPI2C with eDMA, see if that gets it for you.

The errata seems to imply using eDMA in the K32L is the only way to make LPI2C work reliably?

This project was also started with a raw chip by right clicking on "installed SDKs" and not using a eval board.
This brought up all kinds of different issues that I had to work through.

This takes a different path than the New Project wizard in the Quickstart panel, which I could never figure out how to do a raw chip that way.  I was always forced to pick a FRDM board.

Compare Chapter 5 of the User Guide to section 4.2.4, figure 4.7.
Fig 4.7 shows how to get to "Available Devices" directly.

Try starting with a empty project from "Available Devices" for the K32L2A41VLH1A, then install LPI2C with eDMA.

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I create a new project following section 4.2.4, figure 4.7. I added LPI2C and I2C edma. But I still can't see the error you reported. Can you give a step by step guide?

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

I'm unable to reproduce the error in a new simple project.
Frustrating.

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi bobpaddock,

I also use MCUxpresso 11.3 and SDK2.9.0. But I don't see the problem. Do you use ConfigTools? When add lpi2c driver, you can right click the error item in Problems window and let tool add driver.

jingpan_0-1611137130640.png

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

aaronhusz
Contributor I

Hello,

This seems very similar to the issue discussed in another thread: https://community.nxp.com/t5/MCUXpresso-SDK/Unsupported-version-of-the-LPSCI-Driver-in-the-toolchain...

I get the same problem where an NXP provided example project produces the same error (cmsis_lpi2c_int_b2b_transfer_master). Is there any update on this? 

0 Kudos