LPC55 power lib of "-fshort-enums -fno-short-whcar" options requisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55 power lib of "-fshort-enums -fno-short-whcar" options requisition

lizhihong
Contributor III

Now, I have to compile a lib into my low-power application project, to drive a hardware equipment. But I found a crash while linking in keil v5 and I can not get supports from the lib builder team. Clash is as below:

pastedImage_2.png

For LPC55, I need a power lib with C/C++ compile option Misc Controls "-fshort-enums  -fno-short-whcar" of keil v5.

I have found sdk 2.7.1 provided "short enum/wchar" version (orginal) and "disable short enum/wchar" version (new).

Please, provide a power lib with "-fshort-enums  -fno-short-whcar" options. Thank you!

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
11 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Zhihong Li

Currently, we don't exact compiler option power demo code as you request.

I can escalate it as a new work request if necessary. but for the moment, we don't have that.

Do do it, we need to know why the current demo code is not sufficient to you and why power lib with "-fshort-enums  -fno-short-whcar" options are necessary for your project.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

lizhihong
Contributor III

I am providing an e-lock program to my clients. The program need low-power function and fingerprint driven by a lib.

The low-power lib for LPC55 built by NXP is required and the fingerprint driver lib is required.The lack of any is impossible.

The "-fshort-enums -fno-short-whcar" options are recommend to the fingerprint driver lib, and they are unchangeable.So, I need a low-power lib with C/C++ compile option Misc Controls "-fshort-enums -fno-short-whcar" of keil v5 for LPC55 built by NXP.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI Zhihong,

Is fingerprint driver lib NXP product ?

If nxp product, it can be easier to request this feature to development team.

if not, which company's?

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

lizhihong
Contributor III

It is not NXP product.

The fingerprint driver lib have to use "-fshort-enums -fno-short-whcar" options, because of the enums usage in driver.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks. Understood the background.

Will escalate it as a demo request to development. But so far we don't have exact SDK demo as you need.

0 Kudos

lizhihong
Contributor III

In another word, I need a SDK demo named “power_manager_lpc” build and link successfully with "-fshort-enums  -fno-short-wchar" options.

Now, I show the link errors with "-fshort-enums  -fno-short-wchar" options as below:link errors.png

If these errors are fixed, my problem is fixed.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

the application and lib must keep the same compiler settings. if the settings don't match, compiler will produce the mismatch error. it's normal.

To fix it,  you could either

- change the lib project source compiler setting to make it same with the application settings.

or

- change the application compiler setting to keep it same it as same as lib's. this is this the user's work for now, as nxp doesn't have exact the compiler setting project.

0 Kudos

lizhihong
Contributor III

I agree. References to your words.

To fix it,  I could either

- change the lib project source compiler setting to make it same with the application settings. (Now the lib project is in NXP‘s hand, source code of fsl_power_lib.c is not in my hand as well.)

or

- change the application compiler setting to keep it same it as same as lib's. this is this the user's work for now, as nxp doesn't have exact the compiler setting project.(My application project had used the 3rd party fingerprint driver lib makes me must use "-fshort-enums -fno-short-wchar" options to compile.

What a terrible either-or!!!

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please let me know more information about the end customer.

1. Project name? scenarios about the application

2. MCU volume

I will attach this information to my internal request.

0 Kudos

lizhihong
Contributor III

May I have your e-mail?

I will further request you by e-mail.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can send me message with this community internal message. move mouse to my account display you will see "message" icon.

0 Kudos